Monday, August 1, 2022

Spellbinders Glimmer of the Month Kit for August: Illustrated Floral and Solid

 This month's kit is exciting to me because we get a pretty spray of flowers and matching die, a solid oval glimmer plate, and 2 sentiments that can be foiled, with dies to cut them out.  Here are my 2 cards using these new supplies, and black foil.



Did you know that you can get black foil?  That's useful for floral sprays like this that you want to be the center of your design; see my 2nd card.  This foil is not as metallic as most others, but it is shiny, so it's still a nice option for our foiling.

So for this card, I foiled the spray and one of the sentiments with black foil.  I set aside the floral image that resulted for my 2nd card, and placed the "used" black foil over the oval foiling plate and foiled again.  That foiled panel was trimmed to a smaller rectangle, matted in black, then placed onto the floral print background, along with the foiled sentiment which I trimmed out with its matching die.

For my 2nd card, I used the matching floral die to cut out the previously foiled floral spray and colored it with markers.  That was attached to a pretty lacey oval and then adhered to my card base which was inked in an oval shape.  To finish I just added a fussy-cut stamped sentiment.


supplies: white cardstock, August Glimmer of the Month floral spray, matching die, and black foil, Picot Petite Oval die, a retired sentiment from Tammy Tutterow's Tiny Sentiments

You can find all the information you'll need HERE to get this fun kit for yourself.  You'll have until August 28 to join the club, and you can "unjoin" at any time!  And don't forget that each month you'll also get a roll of glimmer foil!

Thanks for stopping by today - beginning of a new week AND a new month!  Enjoy!

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. I really like the 2nd card with the coloring and blue background. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty times two, Lin!

Dawn T said...

Great twofer - I love the black foil. I got some recently and it's gorgeous. Your cards are stunning. The black and white card is so incredible looking and love the colours on the second one. Thinking I need the oval plate.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Lin - just love both cards! You've inspired me to use that new foil set as soon as it arrives! Especially love the delicate florals on the oval with the blue inking!!

Debbie said...

Both pretty but I really love the black & white card! That is so pretty. I'm still waiting for my Glimmer plates to arrive. Can't wait to try this for myself!