Monday, August 22, 2022

Some New Turnabouts!!

 Concord and 9th just brought out some new Turnabouts for fall, and this time they're stencils!!  AND you get 2 different designs in the package!  I jumped as soon as it became available at Simon, and here is my first play with them.  I splurged and bought the matching stamps and dies that all work together in this Autumn Hues collection.


supplies: ivory and Audrey Blue cardstock, Concord & 9th Autumn Hues wreath stencil,stamp set, and dies, peacock feathers, fired brick, and mustard seed oxide ink, vintage photo distress ink, adhesive foam squares

I used the wreath stencil and 4 inks, and stencilled right onto my card base.  Then I used the stamp set and the matching dies for my sentiment, and popped it above the card.

For both of my cards today I used my new Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp mat, and it worked beautifully!  I highly recommend it!

Next I tried the background stencil.


supplies: ivory and Audrey Blue cardstock, Concord & 9th Autumn Hues wreath stencil,stamp set, and diespeacock feathersfired brick, and mustard seed oxide ink, vintage photo distress ink, MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, adhesive foam squares

I used the same inks but a different stamped sentiment and matching die for this one, and cut out the background with a stitched rectangle.

The stamp set has a really nice mix of sentiments for fall and Thanksgiving, plus the little heart and leaves you see on the first card, and a few tiny leaves for embellishing, and the die set has a banner and 2 nesting labels, plus leaves in 2 sizes for cutting from each of the stencils, so you're set for the season with this bundle!

 I don't know what is so pleasing about working with turnabouts, maybe the option to try all kinds of color combinations.  Since this is a turnabout set with a fall theme, I know I'll be using these lots going forward!

5 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

LOVE your colors! But please do NOT encourage autumn-- I want summer to stay a bit longer :)

Lisa Elton said...

These are cute, Lin and the colors are fun!

Dawn T said...

delightful cards Lin. Love the autumn colours.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful combination of colours and use of the stencils and stamps Lin - love the results
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful fall cards and I love your color combo, Lin!!