Tuesday, June 28, 2011

3 challenges!

As I was working on my previous card, I decided to stamp on the same blue card stock that I used for that one, and also to try bleaching the background again, then over-stamping with a music background, to enter the Let's Get Shabby challenge. (Embossing the children's image protects from the bleach and also allows me to over stamp the music).   Here is what I ended up with.  I'm also entering this into the Moxie Fab World's "Stamp It!" challenge and the Hero Arts contest for June:


supplies: blue and black cardstock, Hero Arts CG266 Dancing with Flowers, stamped in versamark ink and clear embossed, bleach, CG222 Music Background, CL497 Find Joy, versafine onyx black ink, Hero Arts CH231 Lace Ribbon, CH165 Art Flowers White and Cream, rolled rose 


I made a small change so that I would meet the requirements for the Let's Get Shabby challenge.  We were to use 2 required elements (I chose music and lace) and the number "2", as they are celebrating their 2nd anniversary!


supplies: same as above, with the addition of the number "2" added in the sentiment (Impression Obsession Clear W19 Baby)

Here's the photo inspiration from Let's Get Shabby:

13 comments:

Donna B. said...

Very pretty cards Lin! I love how you used the color scheme and the design!

Michelle said...

this card is fantastic!...love the silhouettes over the sheet music background!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card! Such a gorgeous shade of blue!

Sasya said...

oh so pretty!! beautiful!! thanks for playing with us at Shabby!!

Marlena M. said...

Ooooh, this card is neat and different! ;)

Stella said...

A silhouette and music sheet paper. That's already a guarantee for a jaw dropper. And besides that; the flower....sigh. Gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Love that shade of blue Lin and the image of the children just looks so lovely over the music background! Beautiful!

Lea L. said...

Beautiful card!! I love the colors of it!!

Dyan said...

LOVE this card! Colors, layout, stamps - everything!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Lin! I love how you used the "dancing with flowers" stamp for this challenge...beautiful! :)

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful idea and great effect. Beautiful design! Love the joyous children!

Jessi Fogan said...

AHHH! I love this!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks again for linking up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)