Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tuesday Trigger: Neapolitan

Does anyone else find it difficult to get back into the groove after being away?  I've found that the best thing to do is just jump in and DO IT!  I remembered this Moxie Fab World post from before we left; here is the yummy Tuesday Trigger:


And here is my entry, using a variety of papers, stamps, and embellishments:
























supplies: cream card stock, papers: My Mind's Eye Hazel paper pad, unknown striped scrap, Bazzill Cinnamon Stick, Hero Arts CL488 Congrats, Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden, Palette Burnt Umber ink, flowers: ribbon, brown fabric flower, and MS Rose embellishment, ecru lace


We had a lovely mini-vacation at a bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, Maine.  We were pampered and ate lobster for almost every meal!  The weather couldn't have been better, and I got to see lots of patches of lupine growing alongside the roads as we took some little side trips.  We did a tiny bit of exploring in Boston, too, at the end of the week - loved the friendly people there!  That said, it's good to be home!

16 comments:

Barb said...

Well, it sure doesn't look like you had ANY trouble jumping back in! Wow! This is wonderful, Lin! Love the papers used and your yummy flower! Sounds like you had such a nice time. Welcome home, my friend! You were missed!

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Lin, so glad you had a fun trip away. Love this beautiful pink and brown card, one of my favourite combinations.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a lovely trip Lin - you certainly got back into the cardmaking groove with this one!
Your card is just as delicious as the inspiration pic ;)
Rx

Unknown said...

I love the upper New England area! My mom and step-dad lived in the Boston suburbs, Danvers, for several years and my family and I would visit often. Love Boston, love the coast! I'm sure you had a wonderful trip, hope you post some of the pictures. You definitely jumped right back in the groove, Lin, your card is lovely!

Pam W Merwin said...

Yes, I have difficulty being creative again after I have taken a break for a couple of days and sometimes even a week. But haven't lost your groove - love the card! We are hoping to plan a trip to Maine sometime in October to catch all that "gold" on the trees :-) Be blessed today!

Brenda said...

So glad you had a wonderful time away! But I am glad that you are back, I've missed you! Love your card today, that beautiful lace trim and gorgeous flower! So pretty Lin!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Lin I just saw your bottom post Happy 40th Anniversary! What an accomplishment! :> So happy you got to go away! It's always nice to be back! :> Love how you used these colors! SO sweet! :>

Kathy Martin said...

Hi Lin! What yummy colors! And such a lovely card! :)

Cathy A said...

Lin as far as I can see you are well into the groove with this fab card, glad you got to have a lovely break.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Hi Lin! So good to see you back! Yay! Love the delicious colors on the photo inspiration and how you've incorporated it into the card! I love the vertical stripes of the pp!

Dawn T said...

Love this card Lin... that centre strip of PP is just perfect... so Neapolitan ice-cream looking... and your flower and tag are superb. Sounds like a great trip.

Jacqueline said...

Glad to have you back Lin - beautiful card!

Jessi Fogan said...

Our lupins are only just barely starting to peek out :) One of my favourite summer sights.
Love that ribbon bloom - how sweet! - and that pretty lace trim. Gorgeous :)

VanessaB said...

so beautiful! :)

Stella said...

This is pure beauty to look at. A gorgeous and elegant take on this weeks' Trigger. Wow!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous use of the TT inspiration photo. Love the pinks and browns! Yummy card!