Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Garden Party

Here's our photo inspiration for this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge, named "Pink Lemonade":


Pink lemonade - what a romantic theme!  We were to use, pink, green, a neutral, and flowers.   My mind immediately went to a garden reception or party, and I envisioned tables set outside with lacy tablecloths and vases of fat summer roses.  Of course there would be butterflies flitting here and there:


I stamped the vase of flowers on the rose print paper, on a tone-on-tone green check cardstock (the vase), on a slightly brighter green (the leaves), and on the paper doily, then cut apart the elements, piecing them back together on the doily.
supplies: white card, Hero Arts K5056 Garden Roses, Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags stamps and diecut, versafine onyx black ink, design papers from K&Company "Watercolor Bouquet" Die-Cut Mat Pad (pink dots) and Susan Winget "Spring Blossom" mat pad (flowers and green background), BoBunny green dot, Lasting Impressions Limeade checks dp, paper doily, skinny pink dotted ribbon, pink heart pearls and pearls, Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch

13 comments:

Sheri said...

Great technique on those flowers! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room this week ;-)

Nancy K said...

Hi Lin! I'm taking some time to catch up with my favorite people and blogs and you were at the top of my list! You always make my eyes pop and my jaw drop with your gorgeous cards. Can I just say your skill with those scissors is amazing?!! Beautiful paper piecing and a truly lovely design!
thank you for your encouraging words, I appreciate you.

Brenda said...

Beautifully soft and delicate!

Suzanne C said...

How beautiful! Love the pieced flowers. They are so pretty against the doily background.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

OH I had to stop in my tracks when I saw your card! FANTASTIC! And the inspirational photo??? YUM!!!!

Barb said...

More pink and green, YAY! Love this one! All that paper piecing sure looks pretty!

Shelley said...

So pretty!

susanne said...

Oh my ... this is gorgeous! Your beautiful vase of flowers it so perfect for this challenge!


*thanks so much for telling me about the CR84FN Challenge! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love how your vase of flowers closely matches the vase in the photo!

Virginia L. said...

I KNEW it was a garden party that inspired you...truly gorgeous! You make me want to have some tea time!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO, Lin!!! Miss you!! Hope you are doing well--love love love this card! it is so pretty! GORGEOUS!!

Dawn T said...

so pretty Lin...

Michelle said...

Great paper piecing! turned out wonderful!