Thursday, June 30, 2011

Layered Stamping

Here's another entry for the Moxie Fab World "Stamp It! Cards" challenge.  I challenged myself to try and use all stamping for everything; no printed papers.


supplies: white, cream parchment, orange, and cerulean card stock, Hero Arts S5501 Musical Collage, versarmark ink and white embossing powder, CG119 Flourish Background, broken china distress ink, CG170 Wildflower Garden, spiced marmalade distress ink and green marker, CL374 Big and Small Flowers, Anitas's brown ink, aqua button, cream twine, Hero Arts CH231 Lace Ribbon, Papertrey Ink tiny tags die and stamp


My card uses a technique called layered stamping that Shari Carroll taught us a few months ago at the Hero Arts Blog.  Starting with a piece of white cardstock, I stamped the top of the Musical Collage stamp in Versamark ink and white embossed it. Then I colored the background by smearing some broken china distress ink on an acrylic block, spritzing it liberally with water, and then stamping the block over my panel, giving a splotchy look.  After it dried I overstamped the Flourish Background in the same ink.  Then I applied spiced marmalade distress ink and a green marker for the stem to the Wildflower Garden flower, spritzed it with water, then stamped.    The image wasn't as dark as I'd like, so I reinked and restamped again over the wet flower image.  After everything was dry, I framed my panel and attached it to my background panel, stamped tone-on-tone again with the Flourish Background and broken china ink.  The added orange flower is also stamped and cut out.  To finish I added some lace, a button, twine, and a tiny tag.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowsers Lin, the detail in your card is so lovely! All the depth with those stamped layers is really special ;)
Rx

farmhouse-story said...

just fabulous, lin! what an amazing bkgd you've created!--i love shari's videos, too!

Marlena M. said...

WOW that seems like a lot of work and water. You must have some awesome paper to work with. The result is GORGEOUS!!! ;)

Michelle said...

another beautiful card!
TFS!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is so pretty Lin, love the gorgeous background you have created and the orange flowers are perfect!

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous Lin, love that turquoise color!

Cathy A said...

Wow Lin you have been so busy since I last visited your blog, gorgeous work Sista, the Cherry one is my absolute fav, love the clean simple lines of it.

Lea L. said...

Very pretty!!

joy said...

Love the layers of stamping here, Lin! You have really mastered that technique!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous layering Lin. It turned out so pretty

Stella said...

My oh my.......This is what I call a jaw dropper; into my favorites folder it goes. You really got me with thi card; blue is my favorite color and this beauty....well you knocked me off my socks. Gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Lovely colors and layering.

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Lin, it's gorgeous! I love the music, and the great colours :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks once again for linking up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)