Friday, June 24, 2011

Inspired by Vanessa

It's time again for our inspiration challenge at Lily Pad Cards!  There is so much inspiration out there in blogland, but I chose this card by Vanessa this time.  Please visit her blog, Wings of a Butterfly, to see more of the same!

I chose a Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage panel of birds to base my card on, and pulled the colors from it.  I loved how everything popped against Vanessa's dark brown background, so I looked for something similar, and found it in my new Memory Box Valise papers.  The fact that it's all about singing is even better!  Since I had so little stamping to do on this card, I broke out my sewing machine and added some stitching to mimic Vanessa's.


supplies: cream and kraft card stock, Crafty Secrets "Birds & Blossoms" vintage image, design papers from Memory Box "Valise" papers, Jillibean soup "Blossom Soup" papers, DCWV "Garden Party" papers, The Paper Studio music dp, EK Success scallop punch, PTI tiny tags die cut, Hero Arts CL177 SparkleClear Hello Birdie stamp, seam binding dyed with antique linen distress ink, pink button, twine

13 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, Lin, I am so honored to have inspired you!!! I love your sweet card - those birds are adorable!! Hugs, Vanessa x

Jacqueline said...

Nice to have you back Lin!! That card from Vanessa is gorgeous, I just received it from her this week... so it is so nice to see you case it!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a beautiful card!!!! Hope all is well...

Kathy said...

Absolutely lovely card...I enjoy your blog so much..You do beautiful work and are an inspiration to me...

aquakath.blogspot.com

Suzanne C said...

I love your sweet card. The vintage image is lovely and your card is beautiful!

MarcyK924 said...

ADORABLE Lin!! I love how you interpreted Vanessa's card. That image is precious and those papers are perfect!

Ann said...

I love those little birds - they remind me of the ladies of Cranford. And oh I love how all those wonderful papers go so well together - a real masterpiece Lin.

Stella said...

Lin this is such a lovely card and right up my alley. That image with the cute birds isa gorgeous eyecatcher. Love it!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh Lynn...I adore this card and that vintage bird image! Tweet sweet! ;)

Brenda said...

Those birdies are just too adorable Lin! Beautiful card!

Dawn T said...

Love that bird panel Lin. A beautiful card all round.

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Gorgeous elements! Love it when you are inspired! Sorry that I don't drop by often enough. xox

donna mikasa said...

wonderful inspiration from Vanessa's card! love those birds!