Friday, June 3, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays challenge #5

I'm really beginning to enjoy making Clean and Simple cards!  This week at CAS-ual Fridays, the challenge is to use this sketch:



 Many of the DT used a sunshine theme, and I guess that influenced me, because I used these sunny colors.  I haven't inked up this beautiful daisy stamp in a long time, and after I stamped it using mustard seed distress ink, everything came together for me.  I trimmed out the panel, then used a Nesties circle die to cut out an arch from the bottom.  I was originally going to use only that arch, but it occurred to me to use the negative image also, and then I liked adding the arch back in, with just a small break in the design.  This shows off the image so much nicer.  Aren't daisies the best symbol of summer?


supplies: white cardstock, scrap of unknown striped dp, Outlines daisy stamp, Hero Arts CL342 Everyday Sayings, mustard seed distress ink, EK Success scallop punch, Nestabilities circle die

And I used another arch for a second card, turning the sketch 90 degrees and substituting a bright yellow gingham, threaded with twine.  I used the same sentiment, but shaped it into an arch also.


Two happy cards from one fun sketch - thanks, CAS-ual Fridays!

26 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wow!!!! I so love your take on the sketch!!Indeed, the warm and sunny daisies are perfect for the theme and sketch! I really like your use of the negative part for the 1st card and I like the circular sentiment for the 2nd one!! SO glad that you are having fun with CAS-ual Fridays challenge! LOVE it when you play :)

Anita Rex said...

Hi Lin! You work fast! Love these bright yellow cards! Such great takes on the sketches and I like that you made two!

Sylvia Blum said...

so very pretty! love both of your cards, but the second one is my fav! :-)
Sylvia xx

Kelly Booth said...

Soooooo Pretty Lin!!! Love this Gorgeous card....I'm not a fan of Yellow (Actually not a color I got for often) but this is just Perfection!! Hugs.....

Julie Ranae said...

Lin...you NEVER cease to amaze me! Both of these cards are such a fabulous take on this week's sketch! Love seeing you at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karen B. said...

These cards are both utterly amazing and just scream of summer. Love them! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Linda said...

What a fabulous daisy stamp! I had to read you blog twice to make sure this was a stamp and not computer printed. It's gorgeous and you've stamped it so well! Great cards!
Linda
(No.11 CFC)

Alice said...

beautiful take on the sketch, Lin! so pretty! love them! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Barb said...

Love 'em both, Lin! So summery! Each one is a wonderful take on the sketch. . .so creative!

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet cards! One of my favorite colors...happy, sunshine yellow! :)

Dawn T said...

pretty cards Lin... yellow is not a great favourite of mine, but these look stunning

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful yellows! The sentiment goes perfectly with the bright and pretty colors!

sheila said...

Hi Lin, both of your cards look terrific! It's amazing how different each card looks although many elements are the same! you work well in yellow

CinnamonSally said...

Simply gorgeous Lin, love the sunny colours. that daisy stamp is so pretty!!!

donna mikasa said...

Great takes on the sketch and I LOVE the yellows! Yellows and daisies speak summer to me! Have a great weekend!

Jen W. said...

These are both so bright and summery! Love how you used both parts of the die in the first card. Gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

Both are so pretty and sunny! Love the second take on the sketch. Very clever and lovely!

Cathy A said...

wow Lin, so love your takes on this sketch, good luck with your entry

Laura Davis said...

Stunning work!
Great take on my sketch.
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Janetcraft said...

briliantly done with yellow only! Love this techinque!

Clare said...

gorgeous monotone cards!

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness! These are so beautiful Lin! I love that Daisy background! I am gobsmacked, these are outstanding!

Michele Gross said...

2 fantastic cards!! Wonderful take on Laura's sketch!! Glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lai-Yoke said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Lin! Great take on the sketch and love how the first card turned out!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow, Lin - two creations?!! Nice work, girl!! I love that you took the inspiration from the sunshine samples of the DT. The daisy backgrounder really adds some wonderful dimension!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! Hope you'll share your beautiful work with us again!

Unknown said...

Both cards are awesome! That really is a beautiful daisy stamp and you used it well!