Monday, June 13, 2011

Stamp your HeART out

My sweet friend Virginia is having a little challenge, to find inspiration and then create a card based on it.  Virginia and I have been friends quite awhile now, first at the Hero Arts flickr group, and then as Hero Hostess sisters 2 summers ago.  Making friends through our shared love of cardmaking has been an unexpected joy I never expected.  This past February we finally got to meet!  So of course my inspiration is one of her cards, here, just one example of her happy, colorful cards.  This is my take on her card, using one of my all-time favorite sentiments: "I have you in my heart":























supplies: Hero Arts Poppy layering paper, white and brown card stock, Verve #Vs-0144 Bloom & Grow (flowers), Hero Arts E5388 Traditional Butterfly, CL377 Be Happy, CL272 All Occasion Messages, worn lipstick, spiced marmalade, scattered straw, broken china, and vintage photo distress inks, clear gemstones

9 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Lin! Your card and message have touched me deeply....my eyes are getting wet (as my kids would say:" here;s comes the water works!--LOL). I'm deeply honored to inspire you in some small way!! I can say that to you as well: " I have YOU in my heart"!! BTW i LOVE this card--so lovely! The colors are so you! Thanks so much for entering the Stamp Your Hero HeART Out challenge! Good luck! xoxo Miss you!

Donna B. said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the colors.

Alice said...

such a beauty, Lin! love love your flower background! fabulous card!

Dawn T said...

such a pretty card Lin. Love the bright colours in the flowers and butterflies.

Jacqueline said...

Wow Lin, this card shines as a reflection of the love you put into making it! Beautiful summer colors!

Unknown said...

So pretty!! I love the butterflies of course! The sentiment is wonderful...I need to find that one!

Tina said...

Lin, this card is gorgeous. LOve your sweet colours with a touch of brown and great gem and sentiment placement.

Brenda said...

Beautiful Lin! I really love the colours you chose!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful thoughts behind your card and they translated into your lovely card!