Thursday, June 30, 2011

Four Seasons

Awhile back in the spring, on the Hero Arts flickr discussion board, I mentioned that I was looking for a retired Hero Arts wood-block text set, called Seasonal Memories.  A very special lady named Robyn found a set on sale in her local store and offered to buy and send it to me!  I used the "spring" one almost immediately, but the rest of the set has been unused ever since.  Yesterday I decided to try and use all of them and make a series of cards, 1 for each of the seasons.  For 3 of the 4 of them, I used cling negative image stamps, inked with distress inks and spritzed with water before stamping.  For the fall one, I masked the square and stamped the Maple Leaf cling several times in various fall hues of distress ink.  Here is a collage of all of them, followed by closer-up views of each one:

 supplies: LL007 Seasonal Memories, stamped in Versafine onyx black ink


supplies: white card stock, CG165 Silhouette Bells, worn lipstick distress ink, spritzed with water, CL184 Thoughtful Messages, versafine onyx black ink, K5185 Wallpaper Flowers, stamped on yellow card stock, punched fern, yellow pearls



supplies: white card stock, CG176 Butterfly Field, shabby shutters distress ink, spritzed with water, CL431 Just Find Me ("smile"), digital Flutterbies, lavender and aqua card stock, pearls


supplies: white card stock, CG228 Maple Leaf, scattered straw, wild honey, mustard seed, spiced marmalade and barn door distress inks, CL361 Season of Giving (sentiment), CL119 Happy Thanksgiving (tiny leaves), various autumnal card stocks, autumnal gemstones


supplies: white card stock, CG224 Starry Night, faded jeans distress ink spritzed with water, CL460 Joy to All, versafine onyx black ink, punched snowflakes, clear gemstones


Because these are all stamped, I'm entering them into the Stamp It! Cards Week Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

25 comments:

Jen W. said...

What a gorgeous set and how sweet of Robyn!

Donna B. said...

Beautiful cards Lin!

Barb said...

So beautiful, Lin! I'm glad you were able to get the stamp set. Love each card and I know this is strange coming from me, but the winter one is my fave. . .yikes, I don't even want to think about that season yet! :)

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful set of cards Lin

Anette said...

Wonderful design, Lin! These are beautiful!

Therese Franziska said...

your sets are gorgeous.what a great idea!!!would be a sweet gift too.
love your inspirations!!!
hugs,
Franziska

Dotty Jo said...

These are fabulous Lin, and how kind of Robyn to come to your aid. Jo x

Emilia said...

Very beautiful cards! I love the one with the autumn leaves.

Isha Gupta said...

All the cards are wonderful Lin. Yesterday I took the lily of the valley silhouette stamp myself:))TFS.

Pam W Merwin said...

These are beautiful. Love the techniques that you used. So glad you were able to find these stamps. Always find such inspirtion here - thank you for sharing your gift with us :-)

Arlene said...

Beautifully done!!!

Cathy A said...

Beautiful set of cards Lin, the fall one is my favourite.

Jacqueline said...

Oh Lin - these are all gorgeous - such wonderful inspiration with that stamp set! I'm so grateful you sent me your double Spring stamp, it is a must-have!

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful bkgd stamping, lin:)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Such a nice post and such a wonderful set of cards! Love all of them! Happy weekend and Happy 4th to you Lin!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I love that you found these stamps--it's perfect! LOVE each stamp and then the added embellies! LOOOOOOOOOVE:)

Petra Tillmann said...

Beautiful! You used just the right colors for each season!!

stampingandstitching said...

This is such a gorgeous set of cards, Lin! Love your take on each season! I'm glad Robyn was able to track these stamps down for you!

Ann said...

Oh Lin these are FANTASTIC - we'll all be looking for this set now!

Sue Lelli said...

Lin, how SWEET of her to get you tose stamps and it's easy to see why you wanted them! Each card is more BEAUTIFUL than the next! I can't decide which I LOVE more but I figure it is ALL of them!

Stella said...

This set is stunning. You picked the perfect colors for evey season and this set are not just cards; it is ART! Love it!

Jean Franks Beck said...

These are exquisite! What a fabulous idea, and each card is just gorgeous.

Annette Allen said...

Beautiful Cards...

Suzanne C said...

Lin... I keep looking at this set. It is such a beautiful set and I just love the way you put the definition for the seasons behind scenes for all the seasons. I really love this set. Brilliant!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks yet again for linking up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I've loved seeing all your creations! :)