Saturday, June 18, 2011

CASE-ing Alice

A certain little boy is potty-training, and I've been wanting to send along a card to him for encouragement.  This morning, I saw this post at Alice's blog, and knew it was perfect for what I wanted.  Alice is a master at color and design - make sure you look at her other posts while you're at her blog.

 I won these Purple Onion stamps awhile ago, and their style is exactly right for this card. I used bright primary colors, and CASED Alice's card almost completely.  Thanks, my friend - I ADORE this design!


supplies: kraft card base, design papers from The Dollar Tree (blue), pink paislee "Hometown Summer", Purple Onion Designs The Bird House and Hearts on a String, Hero Arts CL155 Playful Animals (sentiments), Susan Branch slphabet stickers, Die-namics cloud die (from Carol)

19 comments:

Nancy said...

Adorable Lin!

Unknown said...

Oh so cute,Lin!! I love the patterned papers you chose! Those are stamps I could myself...speaking of potty training so is our granddaughter.

farmhouse-story said...

such cuteness, lin! LOVE the little birdy:) alice's blog is amazing, isn't it?!

Barb said...

Awww, won't Liam just love this delightful card from his grandma! It's adorable, Lin!

Pam W Merwin said...

How sweet! Love the card and grandkids LOVE mail :-)

Brenda said...

Oh this is just too cute for words! How thoughtful of you!

Pajalu said...

Lin your card is fantastic, I'm sure Liam will love it to bits. Alice does the most amazing cards & it's not hard to see how she inspired you :D xoxoxoxoxo

Ann said...

Such a cute image - and love that paper piecing.

Dawn T said...

what an adorable card Lin and I'm sure it will have pride of place at Liam's house.

Jen W. said...

So cute! Love how you popped that little bird up. :) I've just ordered my first Purple Onion stamps and seeing cards like this makes me even more psyched to receive them!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! Super cute little chick! LOVE this card--those papers are FABBBBY! LOE LOVE LOVE:) Hello to the fam!!

MarcyK924 said...

Adorable! Lin, I love how you thought of making this for such a "special" occasion!

Joy said...

Love how you CASED Alice's sweet card, yours is such a sweet little gift to give to your grandson...how adorable..so pleased you got to use your POD stamps..hugs

Tiffany Ervin said...

So perfectly sweet! What a cute design for little Liam! Best of luck to him on the potty training!!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card and this is such a wonderful card for Liam!

Lai-Yoke said...

Adorable card, Lin!

Robin K. said...

Awwwwww, what a sweet grandma you are! Adorable card!

ivy said...

good luck to liam! he'll feel so proud when he sees this card! i'm glad both my boys caught on to potty training quickly!

donna mikasa said...

I missed this earlier! So happy for Liam, and proud of him, too! Your card is perfectly CASEd, and will make Liam proud as well.