Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Quick Layers of Ink

I stumbled onto a new blog and challenge today; it is known as One Layer Wednesday, at Susan Raihala's blog, Simplicity.  This week we are to make a one layer card with nothing but layers of ink by overlapping stamped images and/or sentiment.  Sounded intriguing to me, so I had a go of it:


supplies: white card stock, Hero Arts CL479 Dictionary Greeting, F2621 A Real Violet (2002), C2969 Abstract Mesh (2004) "borrowed" from my friend Mary Anne, CL371 Essential Messages, versafine onyx black ink, mustard seed distress ink and Memento green marker for stem, VersaCraft cerulean blue ink

I used all Hero Arts stamps, 2 old and 2 new and a color scheme I recently used for another challenge that I really enjoyed.    This was really lots of fun, and I spent an enjoyable afternoon playing with various designs.  For now, this one appeals to me the most.

I'm also entering this into the Moxie Fab World's "Stamp It!" challenge.

30 comments:

Michelle said...

this is a wonderful card! TFS!

Barb said...

Love the way it turned out, Lin! Pretty pop of colors!

Donna B. said...

Very nice CAS card Lin! Love the colors and the design!!

Alice said...

simply fabulous! this is so pretty, Lin! love it!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, how I love this card! Absolutely stunning--great use of color! TFS!!!

Pam W Merwin said...

How sweet! I love the one layering - such a great combinations of inks and stamps. Love it.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a lovely CAS card--I cannot wait to get crafting again! You inspire me;)

donna mikasa said...

Yes! I knew this was for OLW when I saw it! Perfection!

Brenda said...

That's a beautiful design Lin and I love the colours you used!

Carla said...

it's a great CAS card, love the colors

Kathyk said...

LOVELY lovely lovely!

Kathyk

Susie said...

Wonderful card. Great design.

Michelle said...

I love this card, Lin. Great combination of images and colour.
Michelle.

Lai-Yoke said...

Love your take on the challenge! Great combination of stamps!

Michellem said...

Great job!! Good thing you stumbled onto this challenge!

Heather T said...

I love the way you have bordered your text with the lovely flower. It looks fabulous.

Kathy Martin said...

Your 'Hello' card is like work of art! LOVE!

Tara Cardwell said...

I love how you've managed to get the "hello" to stand out from the friendship text. Really well done. Much more creative than my entry.

Lea L. said...

Beautiful card! Love the layers of stamping!!

Susan said...

Love how you've mixed your stamps and colors...Very nice!!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a fabulous card...I really like it!

Stella said...

Lin you never cease to amaze me; this is another stunner...
A one layer and one of a kind beauty!
Love the white background with that beautiful sentiment. And a perfect splash of color!

Lynne said...

Super card, love your colours.
Lynne xxx

Carol said...

I really LOVE your card! SO pretty! And, I have most of these stamps, so I hope you don't mind if I case it!

lililindsay said...

This appeals to me too. I think that I have one of those stamps. Must look it out.

Vicky Hayes said...

I really love this - your colours are superb!

Jenny said...

Fantastic card Lin, love all the colours on the text background :)
Jenny x

Suzanne C said...

I LOVE THIs! Gorgeous layering of stamps and colors.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks again for linking up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Susan Raihala said...

Welcome to the OLW challenge! Fabulous entry...love your use of color and the older HA stamps with the new. Simply wonderful!