Sunday, January 27, 2013

Make Your Own Background Paper

It's been too long since I've played along with one of Cath's Moxie Fab World challenges!  This one, to make your own background paper, sounded like fun, and I got to use some new to me stamps that were sent to me by a generous friend.


Using 4 different green inks (Hero Arts green hills, grass, field greens, and forest green), I stamped 5 of the leaves from  the Leaf Prints set (HA CL395).  Then I trimmed it to the size you see and ran it through a Swiss Dots embossing folder, inked the dots lightly with one of the green ink pads, framed it in green, and attached it to my white card base.  I stamped a small sentiment (HA CL342 Everyday Sayings), and die-cut some fern-like leaves (Memory Box Meadow Leaf). Those were attached with a button and popped in the corner of my background panel.  

This challenge is just one of 5 different challenges taken from PaperCraft's newest publication: 75 Creative Card Challenges:


I hope you'll check them out and enter also - you have until February 4th.

13 comments:

Kim M said...

That is a lovely card Lin. Love those leaf stamps.

Barb said...

Love all the different shades of green, Lin! So pretty!

Jacqueline said...

Love this stamp set, Lin and you have used it beautifully!

judkajudi said...

Just got caught up on your blog posts; some very pretty stamping going on!! I have a bird cage stamp I don't know what to do with and I think embossing it is the way to go!!

Crystalena82 said...

I love it! Green is my favorite so I am a little biased, but I also love the outdoorsy summery feel you gave it. Beautiful card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your leafy background paper, Lin! So great with the die cut fronds!!

Pajalu said...

Lin this card is wonderfully done. I love your background that you made.

LauraJane:) said...

BEAUTIFUL Lin! Looks like wallpaper...LOVE the greens..those inks are SCRUMPTIOUS!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is stunning Lin.
luv
Debby

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful bg stamping, Lin! Love all the different tone of greens!

MarcyK924 said...

LOVE the layering, Lin! It's so pretty in the shades of green!

Karen Dunbrook said...

What a great card Lin....

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)