Friday, January 25, 2013

A Beauty Full Birthday

Hello! Happy Friday!  I'm stopping by to share a card that is going up today at The Craft's Meow blog.

The Craft's Meow

We're not even to the end of January, but I'm looking towards spring already, and made this card that I can use for the many spring birthdays coming up this year.  When I think of spring, I think of pastels, so I used these sweet papers from a collection last year by Simple Stories called Baby Steps.   The stamps on my card are from one of my favorite sets "Fly Free".


I stamped the birdcage and white embossed it, cut it out using a Nesties Labels 18 die, and then punched some Martha Stewart butterflies to add more dimension.  I used  a light brown ink for the sentiment because that color was in the plaid background paper, and I wanted to keep the soft feel going.

I hope my card inspires you to pull out some stamps and get ahead on your birthday cards during these long days of winter!

5 comments:

Barb said...

I don't even have to tell you how much I love this card because you already know those yummy colors make me happy! Your embossed birdcage and the butterflies look so gorgeous together, Lin!

Nonni said...

Really beautiful, the butterflies are the crown of the card!

Carole said...

Full of beauty and freedom of flight. Lovely

MarcyK924 said...

What a sweet card, Lin! And I love that stamp set, especially embossed in white! Pretty papers in our favorite colors are yummy! XOXO

Brenda said...

I love those soft colours Lin! Another very pretty card!