Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Simon Says.......Something New

Happy 2013!!  And welcome to our first challenge of the year at Simon Says Stamp!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

Our theme this week is Something New.   You can make a card for a new baby, a new home, a new job, or use something new, like I did today.  Here's my card:




My something new is this new (to me) set of stamps by My Mind's Eye called "Cutie Pie", a part of their The Sweetest Thing line.  I masked off an area and stamped 4 of these doily stamps inside it using Hero Arts mid-tone Butter Bar, Grass chalk ink, and VersaFine Deep Lagoon inks.  After I removed my mask, I stamped the little stitches from the same set on either side of the doilies, then stamped my sentiment from Ali Edward's Simply You in black on a strip of vellum, and attached that along with some pearls and gems in the same colors.  

Heidi has provided us with another $50.00 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store for the random winner of our challenge.  I can't wait to see what you make!


When you visit our Simon Says Stamp challenge today, please don't forget to give our January Guest Designer Glenda Wyatt a nice welcome!


16 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card Lin!! Fabulous stamping!! Love the design you created!

hugs...

Barb said...

LOVE this color combo, Lin! Perfect masking - beautiful card!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lin :-) I love the stamp set you used ,, so pretty,, (I was wondering what you were going to make with them) :-) The colours and details are perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sue McRae said...

The pretty doilies look wonderful in these fresh colours!

Jackie said...

That is very pretty, very bright and cheerful.

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the color combo Lin..the added gems really work:)

Heather said...

Gorgeous Lin, a great design and stunning colours. Your stamping is brillianat!!

hugs
Heather xx

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card Lin! Love this color combo! Happy New Year!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card - it made me smile!! Love the colours and the stamps you used.

Pajalu said...

Lin your masking is fantastic & those colours go so well together. What a great card

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Lin. The colours are fabulous.

Jingle said...

Lin, this is so cute! Love the bright colors!

Maureen Morton said...

New and so brilliantly amazing, Lin! Love this color combo and the design is perfect. Fresh and fun.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Super pretty, Lin! I love the sentiment and how you perfectly placed pearls within the stamped image :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Nonni said...

Oh I love what you've done with this set! I have it too and haven't figured out how to use the stitches -thanks for the inspiration!

Glenda J said...

So bright and cheerful! Love the colours. So happy to be playing along with you this month!