Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Simon Says.......Paper Piecing

If you're here for The Craft's Meow January release blog hop, please click HERE.

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for another Simon Says Stamp challenge and this week we'll be paper-piecing!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

This week the Design Team  and Guest Designer Glenda Wyatt are using lily bee design papers - you don't need to have these papers to enter our challenge, but if you do have them, we'd love to see what you do with them!

I made 2 cards for you today, using the Head over Heels collection from lily bee design (currently out of stock), both very different styles.   Here's my first:


This card uses all Head over Heels design papers, plus 2 Hero Arts sets, Etched Flowers and Truly Grateful.   I put 2 layers on each of the flowers, raising them both up with foam squares, and centering them with a clear sparkly dot sticker.

Coincidentally, our little granddaughter is turning 2 years old tomorrow, so I also made this card using the Head over Heels collection.


She recently discovered owls and so I looked through my stamps and found this one from Paper Smooches, called "Chubby Chums".  My letters are Die-Namics By-the-Letters die cuts, the tree branch is a Simon die called Small Forest Tree, and the twine is We R Memory Keepers.

I love paper-piecing, so I'm really looking forward to getting some great inspiration from YOU!  The random winner could win a $50.00 gift voucher from the Simon Says Stamp Store!  



26 comments:

gRiSeL™ said...

Wow, fabulous paper piecing, Lin!!! One of my favorite techniques!!! *grin* I think I will NEED to play this time in this challenge!!! (:

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

The first card is gorgeous & the second one is adorable! Love them both! :)

Jingle said...

These are great! The flowers looks so pretty!

Barb said...

One gorgeous, one adorable, love them both! :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE your pp cards!!! So BEAUTIFUL and so COOL!

Virginia L. said...

Happy paper-piecing heaven here, Lin! Love the flowers and the owls! And oh my, Alma is turning two!? How time flies! Wish your little darling granddaughter lots of cakes, love and hugs! xoxo

Glenda J said...

Great cards. Especially love the second one - great colours, papers and images.

Maureen Morton said...

Oh, my goodness, Lin! These are over-the-top! Love the paper piecing on both. Can't believe that your grand-daughter is already two - she will love these adorable birds. What fun. Thanks for sharing.

Tamika said...

Two funtabulous cards Lin~

joy said...

I love both of these cards, Lin - Alma will be thrilled with hers!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful flowers & owls, Lin!! They literally POP off the page..love it!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous flowers Lin!

Robin K. said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!!! And those owls couldn't be any cuter!!!

Joyce said...

Two wonderful cards--I especially like the second one, as I have a daughter nuts about owls. I am always looking for good ideas for owl cards.

Dawn T said...

what a beautifully elegant card your first one is... and love the cutesty owls for your grand-daughter.

debby4000 said...

Love both your gorgeous cards Lin.
luv
Debby

Pajalu said...

I love these cards Lin. Your paper piecing is wonderful. Those owls are just way too cute!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) I LOVE the owls ,, soooo CUTE ! :-)
Happy Birthday to your Granddaughter :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Gilda said...

Love the paper piecing on those cute owls! Perfect for your two year old granddaughter. She'll love it.

Heather said...

Just adorable cards Lin, your flowers are stunning and beautiful paper pieced with those gorgeous papers.

hugs
Heather xx

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards Lin!! Love those gorgeous flowers and those cute owls!!

hugs...

CinnamonSally said...

Your cards are both gorgeous Lin, love the colours of the top one!

MarcyK924 said...

OH soooo cute! Those chubbies always make me smile! And LOVE that beautiful flower and music card! I always love when you use your "signature" on a card! XOXO

Brenda said...

Superbly paper pieced Lin! I love the dimension you achieved on those flowers and those Chubby Chums are too, too cute!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards! I always love it to see such different styles of card form the same paper collection - fun ;)
Hope your granddaughter had a fab birthday! Rx

Joy said...

I adore each of these cards Lin, so beautifully created, those owls are just way too cute, hope you are having a fun vacation, hugs