Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cheerio!

And Happy New Year!  We at The Craft's Meow are starting out the new year with our monthly sketch challenge, provided to us by Nina.


My idea was to use the flowers from Hope Blooms to make a bouquet as a centerpiece on a paper doily, and it took on a life of it's own!  Put on your sunglasses!




Hope Blooms        
    

After coloring and cutting out my flowers, I popped them above the doily, and added the Cheerio sentiment from Stitched Sentiments.  My background and sentiment papers are from My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose paper pads, and the butterfly is a Martha Stewart Monarch butterfly punch.


You have the whole month of January to enter our challenge; the random winner gets to choose a set of TCM stamps of her choice!  You do NOT have to use TCM stamps to enter.  However, if you are the winner and you have used TCM stamps on your entry, you will not only receive your choice of a TCM stamp set, but also a coupon for 15% off another additional stamp set of choice to be used one time within 30 days!!

Can't wait to see what you make this month!  

the craft's meow.

13 comments:

Pajalu said...

Lin this is gorgeous!!! I love all those colours in your card. They look fantastic. What a great sketch as well. I think you may have inspired me to give this ago.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

The coloring on those flowers is gorgeous!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE a bright posie on a dreary morning!
I'll give this sketch a try:)

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Wow - stunning card Lin! I love how you composed this vibrant bouquet, just lovely!
Will be heading to my craft room later so hope to fit in some fun with this sketch! Rx

Maureen Morton said...

What a bright start to the new year, Lin! I am loving this colorful grouping of yummy flowers so brilliantly colored. That sentiment is so cheery, too - reminds me of our trip to England. Sending along bushes of good wishes to you for a happy and healthy new year, dear gal.

Barb said...

Oh, my! This is gorgeous, Lin! I love the beautiful, bright colors - makes me long for summer! Hugs and Happy New Year to you! :)

Jackie said...

I think that is a beautiful bouquet and just perfect for the dreary morning we are having here. Thanks for adding a spot of color to my first day of the new year.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful bright card - Lovely! Happy new year Jen xx

Sue McRae said...

Your beautiful card makes me think of spring and how I wish it was just around the corner! Wishing you a Happy New Year Lin!

Robin K. said...

This cheery bouquet just shouts "Cheerio!" Love it!

Karen B. said...

Oh my word! Well, no, Words cannot express the beauty in this card. Wow! I can't believe how you've made Hope Blooms come to life. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Lin. You have done yourself and TCM proud with this one. Another one into my favourites pin board!

Miriam Prantner said...

The coloring is gorgeous! I LOVE thsi card, so pretty an dgreat fussy cutting!