Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another illustration from a children's book


Another card made for Betsy Veldman's Vintage Findings challenge.  This illustration was on the page at the front of The Bumper Book that lists the copyright dates. (see my post below)   Again, it was scanned and printed, as I will never cut into this book.  The colors are a perfect match for the papers from CosmoCricket's Garden Variety mini-deck. I used another of Kath's ribbons and an old button from my mil's button can.  The sentiment is Hero Arts CL129 Anytime Messages.  I used a recent sketch from Julee at Verve stamps. 

16 comments:

katemade designs said...

ANOTHER GREAT CARD FROM THIS BOOK. THANKS FOR SHARING.

SewSuzySew said...

Lovely Card ... reminds me of Peter Rabbit.
Have to ask ... Do you like Mabel Lucie Attwell illustrations too?

Hugs
Suze x

cheryl said...

oh wow totally love what you have created here,the papers are perfect,hugs cheryl xxx

Barb said...

Just adorable, Lin! The sentiment and papers are so perfect for that sweet image!

Unknown said...

This is just SO sweet and adorable, Lin!

Kryssi said...

thats super cute, lin!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Love it!

Dawn T said...

so cute. Love it. Such a fun card

donna mikasa said...

Oh, I love this card, LIn! Must back track and see your older posts.
It's vintagey cute and colorful, and I love how you paired that sentiment!

Rosemary said...

how cute, lin! the image is so sweet! you are making me want to check my local antique store for some vintage children's books!

Mireille said...

Sweet lin, thank you so much for your sweet words on the Bo Bunny blog. You have no idea how much that meant to me
*hugs*

Virginia L. said...

SO cute! I love all the layering and embellishments! Happy to see you like the challenge!

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Lin. i love the image you used!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Love what you did with the image! The papers are perfect with this image.

Arlene said...

How delightful! I love this.

Betsy V said...

Another adorable card! Those papers are just perfect with that rabbit image! Cute, cute!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman