Saturday, October 30, 2010

Caardvarks challenge: inside and out

The challenge at Caardvarks is to create a new stamped card that is decorated inside and out.  Here is the front of my card:


Three elements from a Penny Black clear set called Robin's Kingdom were stamped on white cardstock, and colored with pencils and mineral spirits.  Then I sponged on faded jeans distress ink for the sky and quickly stamped on a water-spritzed-only snowflake background stamp.  Here is a detailed shot to show the water-stamping of the snowflakes, the glitter, and the star gem.


When everything was dry I added touches of glitter.  And since I didn't feel there was a good place to put a sentiment on the outside, I chose what I consider to be the perfect sentiment (also a Penny Black stamp) for the inside, along with a repeat of the star.


Supplies: white, red and aqua cardstock, Penny Black stamps 30-056 Robin's Kingdom, 3227K Hope is born, Hero Arts CG100 Snowflake Circle, versafine onyx black ink, colored pencils and mineral spirits, faded jeans distress ink, glue pen and HA prisma glitter

22 comments:

Dawn T said...

just beautiful

Virginia L. said...

This is so BEAUTIFULLY done! Love that added hills and trees in the background. FABULOUS composition! I have this stamp set and I haven't inked them up yet (my bad!).

donna mikasa said...

So beautiful, Lin! Makes me miss my bunnies! (Sniff!)
Love your starry background--such a perfect technique!

Suzanne C said...

Oh... Lin... This is just so beautiful! Love those bunnies and what you did with the sky is fabulous and then to open it to that beautiful sentiment! What a treat!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow, if that closeup looks that amazing, I can just imagine what the card looks like in real life too! Love your techniques! I'm not always good at decorating the inside. So glad you got the PB sentiment!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful! You've been doing an AMAZING job at all the challenges you've been participating in lately!

Barb said...

Wow, Lin! This is really beautiful! Love the technique used on the sky! The trees, stamped on the hill, create such great depth! Love your wonderful coloring and the inside with the sentiment is so pretty too! Fabulous work!

Jenny said...

Soooo lovely, love this. Great card. Have a greatweekend :) :) :) :) :)

Anne said...

What a beautiful card Lin- love this natural outdoor scene you created and your water stamped sky is wonderful! Fabulous creation Lin:)

Lucille K said...

Beautifully done, Lin :)

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

you...are...amazing...Lin, I love this card..and thanks for the description of how you did it!!

Rosemary said...

beautiful... inside and out!!

Nancy said...

Amazingly gorgeous card, Lin! I really need that Robin's Kingdom set, I love how you used it here...and of course that's my favorite sentiment stamp at the moment.
blessings to you!

Diana said...

So sweet with the bunnies Lin. Thanks for sharing. New holiday cards on my blog! www.thestudio56.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card. Love the glitter on the trees.

Pajalu said...

Lin I love this card. The sentiment is just perfect. Good luck with the challenge xoxoxo

Sanne said...

So pretty and sweet Lin!

Alice said...

this is so beautiful, LIn! LOVE the snow scene on the front! fabulous holiday card!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Lin, Wow!! This card is gorgeous and I love the bunnies. Love the inside of the card, too.

Kathy said...

Oh my sista!! Love this beautiful winter snow little scene. You are a master at these. Hugs,Kathy

stampingandstitching said...

This is gorgeous on the outside and inside, Lin! I love the cute bunnies! The background with the beautiful sky and trees looks fantastic! I love the sentiment too!

Anonymous said...

Oh so beautiful Lin!
lavender & roses - Susanne