Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

The Play Date Cafe is a year old this week!  It is my very favorite for color challenges.  This challenge is to make a celebration card using pink, yellow, and orange, or any combination of these colors. 


I love all of these colors, so I decided to use them all.  In looking at my stamps I was searching for something festive, and I think this new Fabulous Flourish by Hero Arts fits the bill.  Doesn't it remind you of beautiful fireworks? 


I first inked up my stamp with versamark ink, then 3 colors of distress inks, and clear embossed after stamping...I wanted a bright and shiny image.  I added gemstones in the same colors, and my sentiment stamped and embossed on vellum.  For the background I used 3 BoBunny double dot dps. 

Happy Anniversary, Play Date Cafe!  Looking forward to many more challenges!

Supplies: white cardstock, BoBunny double dot cardstocks in orange citrus, buttercup and passion fruit, Hero Arts S5449 Fabulous Flourish, mustard seed, worn lipstick, and spiced marmalade distress inks, Versafine onyx black ink, clear embossing powder, Hero Arts gems from the blush and sunshine mixed accents sets

24 comments:

Sanne said...

Yes Lin - it does look like firework - so so beautifully done - love it!

Tracey said...

LOVE it Lin!!!These are my fave colours too!!!

Anonymous said...

After three distressing weeks I decided the colours were just for me but you have captured them perfectly. I love swirls. Welll done

Barbara

Barb said...

Lin, what a neat design! Love the three colors of the background paper and the way you changed them up with the flourish! So lovely!

Virginia L. said...

Goegeous card!! Love the inking of these beautiful colors!

Suzanne C said...

Love it! The layers of colors on the flourish is so pretty and the background panels highlight the colors beautifully. Glad you joined the PDCC again!

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card Lin, what a neat design!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, gorgeous card, Lin! I've been blurfing around your blog and I love your style. Thanks so much for visiting me, so glad to have found you. :)

Michelle said...

So beautiful, Lin!!!

Hanne said...

Really beautiful card! Wonderful style!

Keva said...

I think that is fabulous! I love the three colors together. Really nicely done.

Kryssi said...

i have that stamp! you made good use of it, so elegant and pretty..

Nancy said...

That Fabulous Flourish has never looked so FABULOUS! I absolutely love this amazing card...I can almost guarantee that there will be a CASE of this soon!
blessings to you!

Ruby said...

Such an elegant card, I see what you mean about fireworks! Very pretty! Thanks for joining in our celebration at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the colorful flourish! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Libby Hickson said...

Gorgeous card Lin! I love how you inked up that flourish - so perfect!

Alice said...

this is just gorgeous, LIn. love the stripe of vellum for the sentiment. fabulous!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic!!! love the colour changes in your flourish

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is a perfect gradient of colors on the flourish stamp, love the bright and warm colors!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous flourish! And to make it look even more awesome you added those spectacular gems! Awesome card, Lin! Thanks for playing along with our special 1 year anniversary celebration at the Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love how you gradiented the colors on your flourish. Really pretty!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

What a cool way to use that big stamp! I know I have that stamp somewhere in my craft room! Such a simple and elegant design...love it! Have a great day!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHHH! I just love how you stamped that flourish with three colors! FAB FAB FAB! I love the velum too! Great idea;) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at PDCC and joining in the fun of our one year anniversary celebration!!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Love how you've chosen to use three colours on the flourish! Gorgeous. Thanks for supporting the play date cafe. And thanks so much for playing along in our one year anniversary celebrations at the play date cafe :)