Saturday, October 2, 2010

OTWC #27

The Off the Wall Craftiness challenge is a new one for me, but I was drawn to it this week because of the gorgeous colors:



They are so elegant!  So I started with a piece of cream cardstock, printed an excerpt in brown from "The Secret Garden", then overstamped it in this brocade design with Versamark ink and clear embossed it.  Next I sponged on tumbled glass distress ink, then framed the panel in dark brown.  Because the excerpt is talking about the robin that Mary meets, I stamped this pretty little bird in brown ink on aqua cardstock, then cut it out and popped it above my panel.  The sentiment seemed just right for finishing. 

Supplies: cream, aqua, and dark brown cardstocks, Versamark ink and clear embossing powder, tumbled glass distress ink,  Memories Artprint Brown ink, Hero Arts CG102 Antique Brocade, CL380 Truly Appreciated, Inkadinkado #97894

World CardMaking Day - aqua

12 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Lin, I am so glad that you joined us!!! Your card is beautiful and I loved how you used the inspiration colors and I hope you will join us again! Thanks for playing at OTWC and Good luck! :-)

Barb said...

It sure didn't take you long to get back into the swing of things! This is just lovely!

Dawn T said...

Lin.... what a delightful card. Love the brocade over the text.

Lisa Carroll said...

lin, this is STUNNING! love the embossing over the text, and that cut-out birdie is absolutely the perfect touch! WOW... i love it! saved to my hard drive faves! :)

thank you very, very much for your lovely comment on my card during the OWH challenges... i was so touched. :) hope this finds you well. xxoo

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow Lin, I really like the mesh of the brocade with the text together, beautiful look!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card, Lin! I love the beautiful panel you have created and the little bird is so sweet!

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Lin! lovely card!

Hellemor said...

This is a beauty. Love the little bird on the PP and the colors is lovely. Good luck with the challenge.

Anne said...

Just a gorgeous creation Lin- love that little bird and of course these wonderful colors!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful background and love the colors you used. Beautiful!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is sooooo beautiful!!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!

Kelly said...

Lovely card. I like the bird accent there. Just perfect for the card.