Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pink snowflakes

Here is our inspiration card for this week's CASE Study:


I love the gingham ribbon and the pale white/cream against the kraft!  I knew immediately what I wanted to do. 


I love how this October Afternoon dp looks against the kraft. It has little dotted trails in it, just like butterfly trails, so I knew the sentiment would be perfect!  The sentiment is embossed in pale pink powder, and then I just had to add the die-cut snowflake and the peachy-pink button and twine.  Love how fast this came together!  Thanks, Barb!

Supplies: kraft cardstock, October Afternoon Very Merry "Sing the Carols" dp, Hero Arts CL234 Winter's Butterfly, versamark ink and Stampendous Blushing Pink Pastel embossing powder, pink, tan and brown checked ribbon from a craft store, die-cut snowflake, PTI button, twine

13 comments:

cheryl said...

wow these are just pure delight such wonderful desings,and love the sentiments,you have used hugs cheryl xxxx

Alice said...

very pretty. love the big snowflake!

Anne said...

Just gorgeous Lin- that paper is just perfect!

Barb said...

Lin, I love the peachy color against the kraft too! How beautiful! Gorgeous white snowflake and perfect sentiment!

Anonymous said...

so pretty, lin!!
but then, all of your cards are... ;)

Debi said...

I love the sentiment!! And I love your snowflakes x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful take on the Case Study. Lovely snowflake accent. Beautiful choice of paper.

Jenny said...

oooh this is my kind of card, love pink :) :) :) :) :) :)

Dawn T said...

beautiful card Lin. Love the inspiration one and you have captured it lovely.

Sue said...

this is so beautiful Lin! Love the subtle colours and the amazing snowflake! Thanks for joining us again at CASE study! :)

Leni said...

Love the white on kraft Lin, the gingham ribbon is great with it!

Andrea Ewen said...

I love pink snowflakes! How can you make a snowflake more delicate? Make it pink! Gorgeous Lin and I love that sentiment. It's beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, the colours are so cool, Lin!! Thank you for playing! xxx