Friday, October 8, 2010

Holly Robin


These are the colors for the Play Date Cafe Challenge #50, the red described as "melon". Well, I guess I'm not a melon kind of girl, as I had an awful time finding ANYTHING in my stash that resembeled this orangey red. It finally dawned on me that the color I was looking for was the Prismacolor called Poppy Red, so I switched gears, chose a digital image, brand new from Suze at Die Cuts and Doodles, and here is my card for this challenge:



I love the hearts!  I just printed it out, colored it with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, stamped the sentiment and divided the 2 with this ric-rac velvet ribbon sent to me by Sue.  The red frame is a glossy cardstock courtesy of my friend Carol.

You have no idea how hard it is for me to leave all that white space there :)

Supplies: white, green, and glossy red cardstock, Holly Robin from Die Cuts & Doodles, Hero Arts CL460 Joy to All, Prismacolor pencils Poppy Red, crimson red, Apple Green, and Spring Green, Versafine onyx black ink, red velvet zig-zag ribbon

15 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Well done on the white space, it looks fab. I had a bit of a hunt for the correct red too. Love your clean and simple design with that robin. Thanks so much for playing along at the play date cafe :)

Barb said...

Lin, this is such a fun card! I love the hearts too! How charming! wonderful job coloring this sweet image!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful! You are SO rocking the coloring, Lin!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful! Love that heart feathered birdie, she is cute! These colors are getting me into the mood for the holidays!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! Love that heart on the bird too! Lovely clean design!

Arlene said...

Beautiful card - love the heart and clean design too.

Jane said...

Beautiful!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely holiday card, wonderful CAS design. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Alice said...

so simple and pretty. lovely card, Lin!

debbie said...

love your little bird, so cute! love all the white space too! great card.

Zue said...

Such a cute little bird... a very cheery card!
sue xx

Lucille K said...

Very cute card and a great take on the colors for the PDCC challenge this week : )

Andrea Ewen said...

Adorable Lin! Marvelously, vibrantly colored! Love the clean, crisp design and that bold red ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is fabby! I love that bird--pops right off the page! Great use of our colors:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Ruby said...

What a pretty card, I love your bird image. I am so with you on finding it hard to leave white space, it really is a challenge, but your card looks lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the PDCC this week!