Friday, October 29, 2010

A new challenge

from Skipping Stones Designs features this fun sketch:


I love working with sketches, and I really love seeing how everyone else interprets them!  And this also works for the Winter Wonderland challenge at Fussy and Fancy and for Simon Say Stamp challenge: punches and dies.  Here is my card for these challenges:


I started with this pretty piece of snowflake dp that has, besides the snowflakes, some text and music in it.  I used my 1 1/4" punch to punch out 9 squares, and glued them to the card.  I thought it would be fun to use the negative image left from a snowflake diecut, so that was popped above a piece of blue cardstock.  Then I added some pale blue and white gingham ribbon, a blue punched snowflake, a button and the sentiment. 

I find it hilarious that I'm making all of these snowflake cards in October, but come January, we will flee south from our awful Ohio winter ;)

Supplies: white and blue cardstock, the Paper Studio dp "Vintage Blue Snowflake", Hero Arts CL368 Make Your Own (for sentiment), stamped in Adirondack Denim ink, pale blue gingham ribbon, punched snowflake, button, Paper Shapers 1 1/4" square punch

19 comments:

Hellemor said...

Lovely card in a great design.I love the negative image of the snowfloke.

Have a nice week.

Nancy said...

What a stunning card, Lin! I love the dimension you created. Love the winter feel. Beautiful!

Sarah J Moerman said...

So pretty, Lin! Great design! LOVE the snowflake and the wonderful shade of blue.

Tamra said...

This is so beautiful Lin! I love the blue....wonderful job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at SSD!

Barb said...

Oh wow! I absolutely love this card, Lin! The blues are beautiful, adore your use of the negative and the grid design is wonderful! The little touches you add are always what make your cards so special! (Gingham ribbon, snowflake and button.)

Alice said...

gorgeous colors! beautiful card, Lin!

Tomo H. said...

You are too busy for card-making!! lol
The left over piece turned out so beautiful! Love this elegant card, Lin! - the other red cardinal wreath card, too. :)
You'll go down to south as an annual event! ;)

Virginia L. said...

I love your take on this sketch!! So beautiful ! You don't seem to be lack of creative juice--ever! I really like the inchies for the background! I know what you mean about snowflakse...I love making them, but not looking forward to seeing them :)

Arlene said...

You've been doing absolutely stunning work!

Erin said...

Pretty!!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design and love the die cut snowflake over the beautiful paper.

~amy~ said...

LOVE the concept of using the negative image....I gotta try that...your card is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Tiffany Ervin said...

You can't go wrong with these blue hues, it has that magical look to it!

Cor* said...

Stunning creation. Love the large snowflake & touch of ginghan ribbon. Thanks so much for showing us YOUR WINTER WONDERLAND creation at Fussy & Fancy! Happy Holidays!!! Hugs- Corry

Wendy said...

Hi Lin!!! Your card is awesome!!! Love the negative of the snowflake!!! Thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love your use of the negative for a perfect center piece on your card! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Brenda said...

this is beautiful. It looks so soft and serene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SSD!

Barb Turpin said...

Very pretty-thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design this week!

Christine said...

Awesome take on the sketch!! I love the snowflake reverse die cut. Simple yet so special. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine