Saturday, October 2, 2010

World CardMaking Day


Made for the Verve Stamps World Card Making Day Fall Release Week Challenge, following their sketch #1.  I'm also entering this into Hero Arts World Card Making Day challenge, to make a card using my favorite colors. Mine is obviously blue!  This was a great sketch for me right now; I've been away a week, and seem to have forgotten how to do anything, so having this sketch was a wonderful help to get me back into creating mode!  I don't own a single Verve stamp, so hopefully entering this challenge will win me some!  Thank you, Verve, for not requiring them this time. 

Supplies:  blue, dark blue, and cream cardstocks, vellum, unknown striped dp, Versafine onyx black and clear embossing powder, Adirondack stonewashed ink, peeled paint distress ink, blue and green markers for details, Hero Arts K5376 Hydrangea, S4878 Old Letter Writing, CL131 SparkleClear Messages, dark blue fringed ribbon

10 comments:

Barb said...

Beautifully done, Lin! What a pretty way to showcase the hydrangea! Love it on vellum! Your layers look wonderful on the flowery, embossed background! So nice to have you back! :)

Arlene said...

You certainly have the hydrangea down - so beautiful. Love all the shades of blue. Great use of that sketch.

CinnamonSally said...

What a stunning card Lin, love the way you use the Hydrangea stamp and the embossed background is fabulous. Happy WCMD to you.
Hugs
Sally

Isha Gupta said...

Love your card Lin. Blue is my sisters favorite too.

stampingandstitching said...

Happy World Card Making Day, Lin! Gorgeous card! Your colouring of the hydrangea is wonderful and I love all the beautiful layers!

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card lin and I love what you do with this gorgeous stamp...hugs kath xxx

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so lovely! Gorgeous coloring and I love the embossed background.

Alice said...

this so pretty, LIn!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the shades of blue which are oh so you!