Friday, October 15, 2010

Pink Christmas

I've been seeing some beautiful pink Christmas cards, so I wanted to try a few of my own. 


This one is the pinker of the 2, using my new Starry Night cling stamp and worn lipstick distress ink for the background.  It is overstamped lightly in Brilliance pearlescent beige ink with the music background, glitter added to the trees and some stars, then framed in brown and centered on a card already white embossed with snowflakes.

Supplies: white, brown, pink cardstock, CG224 Starry Night, CG222 Music Background, CG100 Snowflake Circle, CL343 Holiday Sayings, worn lipstick distress ink, brilliance pearlescent beige, sepia archival, and versamark inks, white embossing powder, glue pen and glitter, punched snowflakes, button, hemp cord


This one started with an October Afternoon paper called Sing the Carols.  The little Penny Black caroler was stamped and colored in similar colors, distressed lightly on the edges with tattered rose, and framed in brown.  The sentiment was pink embossed on the same brown cardstock, tucking it along the side.  I finished with this pretty peachy satin ribbon topped with a punched snowflake.  A second snowflake was first sponged with tattered rose before adding it to the corner.

Supplies: white and brown cardstock, Penny Black 4097J Christmas Note, Hero Arts CL343 Holiday Sayings, tattered rose distress, versafine onyx black and versamark inks, pink embossing powder, satin ribbon, punched snowflakes

14 comments:

Barb said...

Boy did that title catch my eye on the sidebar of my blog! Lovin' all this pink, Lin! The first card with the Starry Night, embossed in white is so beautiful! Love the bits of browns mixed in to both cards! The second card is so darn cute! Love your coloring, distressing and gorgeous satin bow!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Lin, these cards are gorgeous. I love the non-traditional Christmas colors. I love how the cut out snow flakes match the snow flakes on your background paper. You are an inspiration to me and thanks for your kind comments that you leave on my blog and on my photostream. God bless.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Lin. Love the pink starry night,. I did purples and pink, but might have to do this soft colours as well...

Diane Jaquay said...

Both of these are divine!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are sooooooooo gorgeous!!!

katemade designs said...

both beautiful but I gotta say I am in love with the tree card. So elegant.

Stamping Cafe said...

These are totally gorgeous, Lin!! I love pink Christmas, both are elegant and sweet!!

Have a beautiful weekend!

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards Lin, pink is my favourite colour and these are real beauties, the top one is my favourite sooooooooo pretty!!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful! How good this looks in pink, who would have thought!

Ann said...

Pink Christmas is so pretty - so unusual but it works perfectly!

Suzanne C said...

The first one is just stunning in it's lovely pink color scheme. The second card is so cute with the little girl and the pink works on this card fabulously as well!

Alice said...

awww... love your pink holiday cards, Lin!! they are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the pink!! I really love the first card, just gorgeous.

Kathy (krolski) said...

These are gorgeous Lin! I just got that Starry Night stamp so I'm going to have to ink it up soon, especially after seeing your pink card! Wow, stunning!