Thursday, October 28, 2010

Red, green and tan

are the colors that Mona Pendleton chose for her very first color challenge!  I heard about it through Stephanie's blog, and since I love color challenges, I thought I'd give it a try.  I just received a new Hero Arts Christmas set, and here are the first 2 cards I made with it.  I LOVE these trees embossed in gold!



I also love that my Christmas card pile for this year is growing each week!  Thanks, Mona! 

Supplies: parchment, red and green cardstocks, versafine ink and Ranger super fine detail gold embossing powder, Adirondack cranberry ink, Hero Arts CL459 Merry Christmas Trees, CG222 Music Background, CL111 Hand Drawn Christmas ("Noel"),  Sizzix embossing folder, snowflake punches, Martha Stewart doily punch

11 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely cards Lin. Both are Gorgeous.

Monique said...

Both cards are Wonderful Holiday cards!! I love the embossing and music paper you have used..Great take on the Challenge!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty cards Lin! The gold embossing looks so elegant & I love the lacy trim on the second! Thank you so much for playing along with the CR84FN1 challenge :)

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUSNESS! You make me want to dash for the gold!! Love the gold embossing and details!

Unknown said...

These are both beautiful, Lin! Love the gold embossing.. so elegant!

Alice said...

beautiful holiday cards, Lin! love all the pretty details!

Anne said...

Both of these are fabulous Lin, love the gold embossing on the trees!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful elegant cards. Love the gold embossing.

Jacqueline said...

These look soooo festive!! So love the gold accents!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the embosing and the sheet music and the snowflakes! BOTH are really pretty cards!

Tomo H. said...

These cards are so gorgeous, Lin!