Friday, January 31, 2014

A card for Jacqueline

Deborah Nolan is starting up her Card Chain Challenge again, and here is the card that I made to send to my friend Jacqueline in France.  I know that she received it, so I'm sharing it today.  We share a love of flowers and birds, so that's where I started.  And I just got this new floral lace heart die, so that was thrown into the mix, also.


supplies: kraft, coral, and carnation layering paper, Impression Obsession Floral Lace Heart die, Memory Box Grove Branch, Perched Reed Bird, and Fancy Blossoms dies, Hero Arts Old Letter Writing, Technique Tuesday So Very Thankful (sentiment), Latte chalk ink, pink gems

Deborah always gives us several suggested options for our cards each month.  I used her color suggestions  
and 2 of her themes: Valentine's Day and Friends.  

Deborah will have a post tomorrow showing all of the cards that winged their way back and forth across the world.  And you can sign up HERE for next month if you'd like to play along, too.  It's fun getting a card in the mail from someone new each month!  I got a card this month from Lucille in Colorado!

29 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is just so elegant... absolutely stunning. What a creative gift you have !

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Lin, that heart die is fabulous!

Sue McRae said...

Wow, such a pretty card Lin, it makes me think (and yearn) for spring! You used a great combination of dies and stamps.

judkajudi said...

This is indeed the perfect card for Jacqueline!! Love that color combo, too. Gorgeous, Lin!!

adele holcomb said...

I think the word I'm looking for here is "exquisite"! The colors, the heart, the bird -- your friend is really going to be wowed!

LauraJane:) said...

How LOVELY!!

Jacqueline said...

Lin, this card is pure enjoyment - thank you so much, it certainly wowed me!!

Cathy said...

Such a beautiful card Lin, love the colours and the shading on the bird. The lacy heart is stunning too, Cathy x

Cindy C. said...

Oh my this is so elegant and feminine! I bet Jacqueline would enjoy it a whole lot!

Virginia L. said...

So intricate and beautiful, Lin! Love your design and details! I know Jacqueline will treasure this!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous, Lin! I love all the depth you created with your dies and the color combo is just beautiful! Stunning card!!!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is so lovely! So you, and so Jacqueline! I know she will love it!

Barb said...

Oh, Lin, this is so perfect for Jacqueline! She is sure to love the colors, design and elements you used! Gorgeous card!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

So beautiful,Lin!

Cat Craig said...

The colors were a wonderful choice for your card. Beautiful.

Betty said...

lovely card - lucky Jacqueline to receive such a beauty!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Lin. The way you used the colours is masterful.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Sharon Underwood said...

This card is so pretty and delicate! I am sure your friend will love it. The colors are great, too.

Nancy said...

WOW! Just beautiful, Lin!

jintyoo7 said...

Lin, this is so lovely! I feel you have "enabled" me to buy that die (even if I will probably only stare at it - LOL). I bet Jacqueline gasped when she opened the envelope!!

jusaweecatnap said...

Your card popped out as one I really like. Can't get enough of it. Love all the details.

jusaweecatnap said...

PS: was it hard to mail to France? It has a bit of height to it; I'd hate to see it squashed into an envelope. I always wonder how cardmakers get 3D cards into envelopes for mailing.

Ida said...

I just have to say this is one of the prettiest cards I've seen in a long time.

patti said...

Such a beautiful card. I love everything about it. Good job

Helen L said...

Lin, you've done it again: a simply spectacular card!!! It's one i'm going to have to CASE!!! Hugs, H

Petti said...

Very pretty!

DeeDee7770 said...

Lovely card.

Jet said...

such a lovely card