Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Simon Says..........Ice!


Welcome to our 2nd challenge of 2014 at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!


This week, our Laura made us this inspiration board, and our theme is ice!


Let's see what you'll do with it!  The design team are all using either Glitter Ritz or Distress Glitters this week.  I used the opportunity to get me some Clear Rock Candy distress glitter!  

I really liked the first picture at the top of the inspiration collage, and so that's where I started.


I found the background birch trees paper in a new BoBunny paper collection called Woodland Winter.  I cut out a panel and before attaching it to my card, I ran some glossy accents along the edges of the trees, then dipped it into my rock candy glitter.  I used the glossy accents also to adhere the glitter to my punched snowflakes.  My deer dies are Impression Obsession, and my sentiment comes from Kelly Purkey's Let It Snow stamp set.  

The papers in the Woodland Winter collection are all wonderful, so while I had it out, I decided to do a 2nd card for this challenge.


I chose this subtle one (it has some script and a pinecone at the bottom left corner) and applied some falling snow with my Signo white pen.  After removing the stencil, I went back in with a glue pen and applied glue to some of the flakes, then immediately dipped the panel in more Clear Rock Candy glitter.  My snowflakes on this card are Penny Black's Snowflake Trio ones, and they are also liberally coated with glitter.  Again, my sentiment comes from the same Kelly Purkey set as above. 

Heidi has contributed another of her $50.00 gift vouchers to the Simon Says Stamp store for the lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

29 comments:

Barb said...

I'm getting chilly just looking at your gorgeous cards, Lin! They are both perfect interpretations of ice! Love all the wonderful sparkle! ♥

Jackie said...

Those are just gorgeous! The Distress Glitter really does give an icy look to the trees and snowflakes. Stay warm!

Melissa Bove said...

Stunning cards Lin!! They are just pure perfection!!

hugs...

rcwidow (Linda) said...

These are both gorgeous!

Betty said...

love both cards especially the snowflake one! after our deep freeze temps earlier this week i prefer this kind of "ice"!!!!

Gail Mc Nerney said...

Loved both cards...you captured the ice theme very well...love the glittery sparkle...great job!!!

Brenda said...

These are beautiful Lin! I absolutely love your snowflakes!

adele holcomb said...

Just. Beautiful.

Sally said...

Beautiful cards, Lin. Love the winter scene you created with the deer, perfectly icy!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Loving the glittery snowflakes in both cards, Lin!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin ,,, both of them are simply stunning !! Blue is my fave colour too,,, with aqua coming a close 2nd :-) totally LOVE these :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Elton said...

Lin these are both beautiful. I just love the peacefully gentle scene on your first card!!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love both of them Lin
luv
Debby

Dawn T said...

Both of these are just gorgeous Lin. You always do such inspirational work.

Jo Nevill said...

Your cards are so beautiful Lin x

Jo Nevill said...

Your cards are so beautiful Lin x

Trish said...

Your card are wonderful, Lin! I love the falling snow and gorgeous snowflakes on the second one, but I love the deer and peaceful woodland scene of the second......

Lagene said...

WOWZERS! I love both your wintery cards!

Jacqueline said...

Wow, Lin, you certainly succeeded in getting a icy effect on your cards - simply amazing!

judkajudi said...

Lin, both these cards are amazing!! That Bo Bunny paper is wonderful, but you have added the details that make these cards so beautiful. Love the touches of sparkle. The icy look is perfect for the weather we've been having!

Laura Sterckx said...

Fabulous cards, Lin! The glittery snowflakes are so pretty! The night background on the first card looks wonderful!

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards Lin, I love the scene created with the beautiful deer and both have stunning snowflakes!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS, Lin! I love all the sparkle and how you paired your die cuts and stamps with this beautiful patterned paper! Thanks so much for your inspiration...gotta get out my distress glitter now :-)

Gabby said...

Saw you on the SS blog. LOVE both of these wintery, sparkly cards. Great idea to add glue/glitter to some of the larger gel pen snowflakes. BTW, that is one product I can't "live" without, my white Signo gel pen! Hee. :)

Sharon Underwood said...

Love those birch trees with the deer! Your card looks so wintry I can almost feel the cold air! Thanks for a great post!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW! These are absolutely AMAZING!!! It was so inspiring to come here - thanks so much!!! Have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin

Linda Beeson said...

The deer are so cute on your card!

jintyoo7 said...

Amazing, Lin - both are beautifully done!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!You make the stamps shine, Lin (as always)!