Saturday, January 18, 2014

Just a Love Note

I made this card for the Splitcoast Stampers challenge called "Get the Tape", to use any kind of tape.  I love washi tape and so this was a fun one for me, and now I have another Valentine's card ready to send out.


I started with a white card base and splattered some Bubble Gum ink diluted with water across the surface, then added my washis.  (the dotty one is doodlebug designs  bubblegum swiss dot, and I think the others are probably by Darice)  Next I punched out some hearts and stamped the sentiment and the tiny three-some of hearts from Simon's Just a Love Note stamp set.  And to finish I added a few Lawn Fawn sequins and tied on some white crochet thread.

Thanks for stopping today - are you working on Valentine's?  It's my favorite holiday!  

19 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Lin, I so love visiting your blog and get so much inspiration from it! Just wanted to let you know that the photo isn't showing your beautiful work right now on this post.

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Lin! I love everything about this one. Sorry I missed out on Monday!

Jackie said...

The splattered ink is perfect on this card and I love the washi tape.

Cindy C. said...

So pretty!!

Bonnie said...

I can see this beautiful picture now. WOW! Love the black and pink and the splotches and the hearts!

Lisa Elton said...

Such a cute design Lin! I like the splatters and scattered sequins!

Betty said...

lovely inspiration - today's the day i get started on the valentines - think i will try your spatter technique.

Barb said...

Love the mix of patterns from the Washi tapes and your splattered background looks fab, Lin! Wonderful Valentine's Day card! ♥

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Beautiful!!!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

that was a fun challenge wasn't it? I got my washi on too.
Love your gorgeous card with all its pretty pink...well done mf.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Anonymous said...

Every element is perfect. Love the tape, the sequins, the hearts! Great card Lin! XO

Cat Craig said...

Lin, such a fun card with all the washi tape patterns and colors. I am in awe, I am so washi challenged.

Greta said...

One of my favorites you've ever made, Lin! Love it! I'm going to try & make use of my Washi thanks to your inspiration.

jintyoo7 said...

HI Lin, wonderful combination of tape and splatters - love the fresh and "airy" feel to this design :)

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with your Washi tape, Lin! Such a fun design, and the color combo is fab, too!
I have so many beautiful rolls of Washi and never seem to be able to come up with a design...thanks so much for your inspiration!

Virginia L. said...

What a great design with the Washi Tape, Lin! Gorgeous elements all around!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

All this pink gorgeousness - LOVE your card! You could also link it up with Simply Create Too - it fits perfectly: http://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/2014/01/challenge-53-valentines-day-or-use.html

adele holcomb said...

Just FYI, I pinned this pretty card to Pinterest the day you posted it, and every day I get 2 or 3 notices that someone else has repinned it. It's really popular (and with good reason)!