Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Simon Says........Let's Have a Laugh

If you're here to see my cards for the Hero Hostess Blog Hop, please scroll down 1 post, or click HERE.


It's time for a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!


With these cold grey days of January, we'd like you to make us something funny and lift our spirits.  The design team were all treated to our choice of Paper Smooches stamps by the generous owner Kim!  Thanks, Kim!

I chose this darling punny set called Needle Little Love !  I paired it with a BoBunny paper pad Pincushion - love the fresh peaches and greens; just what we need to brighten up these dull days.


I started by stamping the sentiment, and then surrounded it with repeated stamping of one of the hearts in this set.  That was die-cut into a circle and then I paper-pieced the hearts.  Can you see how they form an 8-pointed star around the sentiment?  I wanted this little motif to be the focal point, so I put it onto a 4 1/4" square card base, and just added the fun stitches and hearts around the edges.  

My next card uses more of the faux stitches and another sentiment and some flowers and leaves from the set.


I used the x stitches to make a little crazy quilt panel behind my doily, onto which I place the flowers and leaves. To enhance the quilt-look, I embossed the card front (Hero Arts Carnation layering paper) with a Sizzix Flowers folder.  And to finish I added tiny buttons to the centers of the flowers and tied my little bouquet with a bow.

And 1 more, this time with a stamped background - I just had to show you this adorable little cross-stitched heart.  I stamped it in soft cantaloupe and green hills inks, then added a couple more paper-pieced elements from the set.



50dollar_voucher_600px

Once again, Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store for one lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

Simon Says Stamp

The challenge over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge blog is Anything Goes, so I'll be entering these there this week!

17 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, Lin! These cards are all so beautiful! Love how you surrounded the sentiment with those sweet hearts on your first card! The second one is my fave - gorgeous bouquet of flowers! And your third card is delightful with those stitched hearts! ♥

adele holcomb said...

Your cards just wow me every day, and these are no exception!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Lin :-) All of them are gorgeous ! I love the papers, colours and whole design ,, lovely :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jackie said...

Those are so pretty. The soft colors are perfect and I love the paper piecing.

Jingle said...

Lin, these are so pretty!

Emily Leiphart said...

Three gorgeous cards, Lin! I love all the stamping you did. You've really shown these stamps a lot of love!!

Janice said...

These are all so pretty, but that first one steals the show for me! Jx

joy said...

Love these stamps, Lin, and the way you have showcased them so nicely on each card!

Stephanie said...

Fun trio, Lin! I'm loving the stitched theme :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lisa Elton said...

These are warm and cozy Lin! Love the country feel!

Dawn T said...

wow Lin, you have done some totally awesome cards here. Love them all.

debby4000 said...

Oh they're all fabulous, especially love the quilting ones.
luv
Debby

Penny Ward said...

Oh Lin, Paper Smooches have never been my style, but after seeing what you did with this set, I am going to have to rethink this stamp company. I just love the darling stitches on your "quilt" card! They are all just so darn cute!!!

Laura Sterckx said...

These cards are fabulous, Lin!!!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow Lin! You've been busy! All 3 are just gorgeous!! So pretty!!

hugs...

Morag said...

Love all three of your cards but the heart circle is my favorite... I may just have to lift this one for Valentines Day! Gorgeous!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE your cards! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen creations as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com