Friday, January 24, 2014

A sketch at Core'dinations

I recently saw this sketch posted at the Core'dinations blog, and my mind instantly went to those little embossing folder strips that are starting to pop up. 

And here's what I made, using Core'dinations for all the colored cardstock.


supplies: Anna Griffin Rosa embossing strip, Simon exclusive Chrissy and Leanna butterfly dies, Martha Stewart pansy punch, aqua and white pearls.  The sentiment is from a now-discontinued The Craft's Meow stamp set called Easter Blessings.  

This was so much fun to work on - love these spring colors, especially as I look outside my window to see all that white!

8 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Nice way to use those strips (that I'm never sure what to do with!)

Betty said...

like adele above i'm never sure how to use those strips - you did a fantastic job! will have to dig out those strips! thanks.

Jackie said...

That's lovely! I love those embossed strips and that butterfly is beautiful.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh this is just sooo pretty! i think we all need a bit of spring right now!
Thanks for playing with us at Core'dinations

ellen s. said...

Lin this is gorgeous! Love you you turned the card, too. Amazing embossing details!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a stunning card, Lin! I love all the texture and the color combo is gorgeous! I also love the softness of your sentiment...really pretty card!!!

mimijudy1975 said...


What a welcome sight to see your pretty Spring card this morning. We don't have snow,but here in Houston,Tx.,it's ICE AND 28 degrees.! Stay warm, Lin !
Love your lovely embossed card. i haven's used the small embossing strips yet.The way you used three strips together ,along with the pansy flowered one makes such a nice card to send.

calamity jane said...

Once again I've learned a new trick to using the embossing strips I have (and haven't used yet!!)! Thanks for sharing a lovely card!