Monday, January 27, 2014

This is the Day


Today is our last day of the Stenciled Online Card Class, and boy, did the instructors give us alot of ideas!  My mind is on overload, so I thought I'd start with the simplest idea this morning.  YAY that the snow has finally melted or blown off our skylight and I can get better pictures today!


Julie made a gorgeous card by first embossing her stencil into white cardstock and THEN sponging over the stencil for color.  This is a VERY subtle effect, at least with my cuttlebug and the paper that I used, but it is a pretty effect.  I used squeezed lemonade, peacock feathers and mowed lawn distress inks on my Mini Flower Frenzy stencil, and chose this favorite sentiment from the This is the Day stamp set.  And I had fun embellishing with sequins and sea mixed accents.  

This class today was packed with so many ideas - I'll be playing with just those ideas for weeks to come - a great way to get through the winter!  I highly recommend this class - you can start at any time by going HERE.  

22 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks fabulous, especially with those sequin accents, Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Oh so pretty, Lin! Especially using those yummy colors! I can see that you're ready for spring! ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty and cheerful Lin! Perfect for this winter weather!

Cat Craig said...

Very pretty card, love the colors you used.

Jackie said...

There's that pretty stencil again! I actually have this one and was inspired to find it in my bottomless pit of "why did I buy this" stash. Now I know why I bought it. I love what you've done with it!

Janet D. said...

Love the colors you chose, I tend to lean towards these colors too! Pretty card.

Barb Ghig said...

This is absolutely stunning, Lin! I love how perfect the verse pairs with the softness and beauty of your flowers...such a gorgeous color palette, too!
I agree that today's lessons (as well as the past few days) will inspire my card designs for a long time to come...as always, you've done an amazing job on all of the techniques, too!

ThePurplePlace said...

Beautiful card Lin! I'm with you and also think this card has been awesome and has given me all kinds of new ideas and techniques to try.

Now I'm anxious to pick up a few new stencils and start creating!!

PS: Love these colors together..simply beautiful!!

Robin K. said...

This is a breath of Spring on a yucky winter day! I really like these colors together! Can't wait to see more of your "homework":)

adele holcomb said...

Beautifully done! I haven't even started on today's lessons yet but will definitely try this technique. This has been a great class and I've tried so many new things.

adele holcomb said...

I had a lot of fun with embossing powder on paste too. Your snowflakes are so pretty!

Sarah G said...

Love this, Lin - such fresh colours! I have really enjoyed the class and am itching to play with pastes but haven't had time yet. I love the stencil you have used!

Dawn T said...

Just fabulous Lin. I'm trying to decide what stencil to use to try this one out. I've got some spray stuff that I'll use to help make a good impression. Love your colour choice.

VictoriaG said...

Really a beautiful look...I can't wait to try this out!

Louise said...

Beautiful card Lin. Love the colors.

Louise C.

Louise said...

Beautiful card Lin. Love the colors.

Louise C.

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous combination of colors, Lin! I was so excited to see your name in the shout outs at class wrap up!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful blues and greens, on this stunning card!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love the color combo

Karen L K said...

Beautiful card and great colors.

Leslie L. said...

I love the colors - I am in a green, blue, yellowish kick right now for some reason. I would say maybe I am excited for spring but in Central Florida it isn't like we have a white winter.

lynda said...

So pretty as it reminds me of spring!