Saturday, January 25, 2014

CASEing Kristina


It's Day 2 of the Stenciled Online Class, and here in NE Ohio it's snowing like crazy, so I'm glad to be inside and playing!  One of the cards that is being shown in class is a masculine birthday card by Kristina Werner.  Cards for guys are so difficult for this flower-lovin' gal, and I just loved EVERYTHING about Kristina's, so I CASEd it using what I have here at home:


My stencil is called Confetti, and it has 3 different designs on it: these stars, plus hearts and little dots.  I tried using colored pencils as Kristina did, but the openings in this stencil are too small to accomodate that idea, so I used daubers and distress inks to add my stars after stamping the sentiment.  My punch is a binding edge design, and I used Core'dinations dark teal paper from their Darks collection.

I'm so pleased to have this design now in my arsenal for all the masculine cards I make during the year!  Thank you, Kristina!

10 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love this design too! Thanks for sharing!

Virginia L. said...

SUPERB!! Love this card so much, Lin! what a GREAT CASing with the use of stencil!

adele holcomb said...

Nice CASE of Kristina's card!

Janet D. said...

This is a great example of Kristina's card. I did a version too!

Ellen said...

Wow, love your card!

Laura Norris said...

Love this card too! I like it with the stars inked instead of colored in.

Barb Ghig said...

I love the color combo on your stars and your sentiment is just perfect, Lin! Another fabulous card! You are really Rockin' this class!

Dawn T said...

Just LOVE this Lin. I'm using the same set that Kristina used, but do have a smaller one... so might have to do what you did with a dauber. It's wonderful.

Sarah G said...

Love the earthy colours and sprinkling of stars - great masculine card!

Jackie said...

That would be an excellent masculine birthday card. Just change the colors and it's good for a woman, too. That is a great design.