Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Simon Says........Emboss It!


It's mid-week, and that means it's time for a new challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!


We have a fun theme this week - emboss it!  You can use embossing folders, as the Design Team is doing, or heat emboss, or use embossing paste, your choice!  

I love the added dimension that an embossing folder can give to a card, so I had a fun play this week and made you 2 cards!


This first one uses one of the Sizzix Ornate Frames folders, along with the Simon exclusive Large Heart Doily die.  Just for fun, I emossed on some woodgrain cardstock, and love the extra little richness it gives!

For my next card I wanted to sand the embossing to bring out a 2nd color, and chose a Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock with a aqua reverse.


My embossing folder again is by Sizzix, called Vines, part of a duo set.  I separated the panels with a scalloped edge border to hold my sentiment, and then added some die-cuts: some Sizzix Sizzlits foliage and Simon's Leanna and Chrissy butterflies.


Sweet Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher for the random winner of this week's challenge that can be used at her Simon Says Stamp Superstore.

Simon Says Stamp

18 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin! I love how you featured the doily heart on the first card and the dual-toned panels on the latter really show off the embossing folder!

adele holcomb said...

Do you have any idea how many of your creations I pin to my Pinterest card boards? I love your work, Lin, and these are lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

Lin these are beautiful! I really like your first card, so delicate and feminine!!

Cindy C. said...

Wow both are SO gorgeous! Beautiful embossing!

Barb said...

Both cards are so gorgeous, Lin! Fab technique on your second one but I'm really lovin' the pink and white combo on your first card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both are fabulous ,,, so pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful cards lin, I really love the heart card!

Heather said...

Both gorgeous cards Lin, I love the first - so pretty with beautiful colours and embossing. The soft patterns of the beautiful heart is wonderful!!!

hugs
Heather xx

judkajudi said...

I remember that I learned about dry embossing from you ... you hadn't gotten a Cuttlebug yet and used a rolling pin! I went right out and bought a Cuttlebug because I loved what you did with that embossing folder!! And now look at this masterpiece!!

Jackie said...

Those are fabulous! I need to use my embossing folders more often, they are pretty neglected these days.

Sharon Underwood said...

I love your cards! The embossing, the colors...the butterfly...all of it looks wonderful!

Dawn T said...

stunning examples Lin. I love embossing of all sorts.

debby4000 said...

Love your both your gorgeous cards
luv
Debby

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

2 gorgeous designs, Lin! I love the intricate embossed designs on both :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barb Ghig said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning, Lin! I love how you embossed onto the woodgrain cardstock...genius! Sanding the cardstock on the 2nd card looks so beautiful, too! Elegance and advanced technique is really your forte' ~ Really gorgeous creations!!!

Laura Sterckx said...

These cards are so pretty, Lin! The embossed patterns look great and the heart on the first card is adorable! The butterfly on the second card looks very beautiful! Hugs!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! Love all of the dies that you used!

hugs...

Bunny said...

I entered into the challenge and your card stopped me in my tracks. It's so simply beautiful. I LOVE the embossing folder.