Monday, July 13, 2015

Get Sketchy with Joni

Wplus9 has started a sketch challenge once a month, hosted by Joni Andaya, and called Get Sketchy with Joni.  This is their 2nd sketch, and I couldn't wait to try it!


supplies: Pebbles 12" scrapbook paper "Sister" and matching 6" pad Family Ties, Wplus9 Doodle Buds and Hand Lettered Hello die and stamp, matching enamel dots

It just so happens that I just did a card for an upcoming challenge using almost this same sketch, and I stamped the background on that one.  So for this card, I decided to use this long-hoarded scrapbook paper (I got it at Archiver's and how long have they been closed?!). It's reverse is the pale blue gingham that shows in the opening between the printed panels.  Then I found other papers that pulled the colors from that main panel to make the flowers and leaves and sentiments.

Here's the sketch:

8 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Lin, this is a beautiful card and a great take on the sketch. The papers, the gingham and blues are lovely patterns and give a wonderful cozy feel to these flowers. Love it!

Joni Andaya said...

So Lovely Lin <3 I love the paper piecing :)

Ann said...

Well flippin' heck Lin! Whenever a card catches my eye on Pinterest it turns out to be yours! Love the patterned papers with Doodle Bugs! x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love what you did with that sketch, Lin! Great combo of papers!!

Cat Craig said...

Great combination of patterns, Lin...and I love the sneak bit of gingham.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely and summery Lin!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, I keep seeing the cutest cards with these stamps!! Hehe, you are teasing me again! I love the card you've made with them and who you've used the DP! Beautiful, sweet friend! Hugs!