Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Simon Says.........Get in Shape!

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!



This week our theme is "Get in Shape", and we'd like you to make something besides the usual square or rectangle for your creation.  My teamies and I are using Lawn Fawn products.  I made a wreath card!

supplies: Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows stamp set, lots of yellow, orange, brown and green printed design papers, Simon's Smile Circle die

To begin I cut a doughnut as a base for my wreath from cream cardstock using 2 circle dies.   Then I stamped, cut-out, and paper-pieced the flowers, arranged them and the leaves around the base I had made, and then glued them all down.  My card backing is another cream circle that has been scored close to the top, where it is glued to the wreath.  I tried several stamped sentiments, but in the end, I liked this circle smile the best.  It is 3 layers.  My finished project measures about 5" across at it's widest point.  I used the smaller of the 2 flowers from the stamp set, so it could easily be made larger by using the larger flower, or mixing both of them together.

Here's a more colorful version, and this time I used Lawn Fawn's Scripty Hugs die and my backing is a green print.  Also, most of the flowers come from various Lawn Fawn paper pads, most of them now discontinued.  This is a great way to use up scraps!


Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store for one lucky random winner of our challenge!

50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

Do you use Instagram?  If you do, we'd love you to add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there, too!

18 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, Lin, your wreath cards look so gorgeous! Love 'em both!!! ♥

Jingle said...

Your wreath design is so clever! Very pretty cards!

Nancy K said...

Beautiful cards, Lin! Your wonderful creativity never fails to inspire me!

Becca Cruger said...

WOW! The paper piecing going on here is FAB-O! Seriously pretty designs and I am mesmerized by how that "smile" sentiment seems to be floating.

Cindy C. said...

Lovely paper pieced wreaths Lin! I like your take of the 'shape' card challenge!! :)

Clare said...

These are SO cool, Lin! Love the wreaths, and using up scraps just feels so good, doesn't it?! ;)

adele holcomb said...

What unique cards!

Lisa Elton said...

These are summer country cuteness!!

Heather said...

Gorgeous wreaths Lin, it's a fabulous design with both fabulous colourful patterns and die sentiments!!

hugs
Heather xx

Stephanie said...

WOW!! What fun wreath cards! I love this idea and they turned out so beautifully :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

these are gorgeous! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Dawn T said...

Both are really pretty cards Lin. Great idea for your card base.

debby4000 said...

Oh what brilliant fabulous floral wreaths they look amazing.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

GORGEOUS cards Lin :-) I love the flowers and the wreath shapes, very beautiful :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Gayatri said...

Fabulous paper piecing of the flowers, Lin! Beautiful cards. Have a great weekend!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! Such beautiful designs!!

hugs...

Helen L said...

Love both of your cards Lin. Great way to change up the regular rectangles that we all tend to stick to! :-) Fantastic sunflower wreaths! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Susie Moore said...

I would never have thought to make an entire card in a wreath shape. This is really a wonderful idea. You inspired me and I can't wait to try this!!