Sunday, July 12, 2015

CASEing Marika

I'm sure I'm not the only one to CASE THIS gorgeous creation by Marika on the Altenew blog recently.  I've seen at least one other CASE: an orange variation by Tammy.  So I decided to have a go, also, and my version is in pinks.


supplies: Altenew Vintage Roses and Painted Flowers (little leaf outline), sentiment from a discontinued The Craft's Meow Happy as a Lark stamp set, black, white, and doll pink cardstock, Sizzix Branch with Leaves die, pink and black pearls

I think Marika's sketch here is just about perfect, and I plan to do a series of these cards in different colors.  Stay tuned.......

Thanks for stopping by - enjoy the rest of your weekend!

15 comments:

Hannelie said...

So very beautiful Lin!

LauraJane:) said...

Beautifully done Lin! I would like to make a BLUE version:)

Unknown said...

STUNNING...GORGEOUS....BEAUTIFUL....JUST LOVELY.

Barb said...

Beautiful CASE, Lin! ♥

Betty said...

so pretty Lin - i love that card by Marika and your is just as lovely!

Katie said...

Lin, so gorgeous! Marika does gorgeous work, but so do you. Love everything about this card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your pink version of Marika's card, Lin! So yummy!

Lisa Elton said...

Lin this is just beautiful!! I like the classic pink/black color combo with the pop of fresh green!!

debby4000 said...

Your card is gorgeous, love the colour combo.
luv
Debby

Aileen said...

So pretty, love it in the pinks. Can understand why you cased it. Each card I looked at looked wonderful. I havent done sny of these seperate layers yet but I do believe I may have a set of Altnew that fit this style. Another stamp set thats waiting to be inked. I think I keep putting it off wondering if ai have the inks o make it work, nothing like procrastinating.

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful Lin - the bright pink and black are so lovely together :-)

Sharon Underwood said...

The colors and design for this are gorgeous! Might have to CASE this!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, this is gorgeous! Your colors are beautiful, and what a stunning layout with the black....so striking! Yes, this is going to be pinned by MANY! Hugs, sweet friend!

Cat Craig said...

So beautiful.