Sunday, July 26, 2015

Throwback Thursday

I have a card for this month's Throwback Thursday at WPlus9.  I really liked the colors that Maureen used for her samples, so I tried to approximate them.


supplies: Wplus9 Backgrounds & Borders 1, Blanket Stitched Blooms (sentiment), Avery Elle Brushed, Simon's Mint, Wplus9's Silver Lining, and Hero Arts Pale Tomato inks, assorted washi tape, PPP sparkling clear sequins

I stamped the ikat dots in a diagonal, changing colors with each row, and then stamped another smaller panel, added some washi tapes and paint splats and a few sequins and framed it up in black.

Once again, Maureen has pushed me out of my comfort zone, but this design is growing on me!

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love this card, Lin - the combo of stamped and washi looks amazing! Love the color combo too!!

Barb said...

I like those colors too - they look fabulous together! Fun card, Lin! ♥

Clare said...

I love the colors you used too! They look so chill, and go so well with the design!

Geri said...

I like this, Lin! The colors look great!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous card - love the coordinating strips :-)

Maureen Merritt said...

This is fantastic. I love the grungy look. Thanks so much for playing along in the WP9 TBT Challenge!