Sunday, July 5, 2015

On Your Special Day

Once a month at the WPlus9 blog, Maureen has a Throwback Thursday challenge, using older stamps.  This month I was taken with her pretty pastel colors, and in particular, her heart card, so I set about making my own version:


supplies: Wplus9 Folk Art Florals and a few Fresh Cut Florals stamps, pale pink, melon, yellow and green inks, with the sentiment stamped in grey, pink pearls

Those curved leaf branches were a big help in making my heart shape!  I thought this would make a simple wedding or anniversary card, and with a change of sentiment, these soft colors would be perfect for a new baby, too!

7 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

The floral wreath is perfectly symmetrical Lin..a true test of a stampers ability:) Beautifully done!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully soft and sweet heart card, and you are right so versatile. Lovely.

Clare said...

What a beautifully soft wreath! I thought it was a wreath stamp you used first, but then saw it was a flower set - amazing!! I agree with LauraJane - the symmetry is well done!! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Darling card Lin, I like the tiny pink pearls!

Judy1223 said...

Eeek! This is GORGEOUS, Lin!!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath card, Lin - just love the soft colors and the heart shape!

Becca Cruger said...

That is some gorgeous text. I just love how you use pastel colors. It's so fresh and lovely!