Thursday, July 9, 2015

Some birthday cards

I have several birthdays this month, and here's one I made for a sweet friend here in town.  This is a CASE of a card by Audrey Tokach - I just loved her idea of using a brush stroke stamp to make a striped background!


supplies: white cardstock for card base and Bristol smooth paper for watercoloring, Avery Elle's Brushed stamp and Simon's Audrey Blue ink, Wplus9's Doodle Buds, watercolored with my Spectrum Aqua markers, Simon's Sending & Wishing stamp set, moonshine sequins

And since this is 100% stamped, I'll enter this into Virginia's View challenge #16!



And here's another feminine birthday card, for my son's girlfriend.


supplies: white cardstock, various washi tapes, Hero Arts Zinnia Bloom, colored with markers and colored pencils, and Happy Stamp & Cut, Winnie & Walter's "birthday" sentiment from The Big,the Bold and the Happy

I ran across the floral and mint dot washis as a set on sale at Michael's and added the pink and black ones from my collection.  

9 comments:

Kara said...

love the flowers with bright blue stripes!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty floral cards Lin! I really love the colors on the second one where you used your new Washi tape!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Leni said...

First I want to say that I admire your blog header! Very beautiful! And than, I really love the doodle flower card with the brushstroke background! And I also want to mention the dogs cards in your former blogpost. We had a dog when I lived at my parents, and I walked her when I wanted to see my boyfriend, who is my husband now :)

Barb said...

Oh, Lin, I love BOTH of these beautiful cards! ♥

Audrey said...

Wowee! I love your cards, Lin! I love the aqua blue you used for your stripes! So sweet of you to give me a shout out! I love how you were inspired by my card. Just beautiful! I am sure your friends will love them!! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, these are both beautiful, Lynn! I love each of these sets, and I love your washi tape! I can never quite find the right ones here locally. Beautifully done, and I know the birthday girls will love theirs! Hugs!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous colors again Lin, and I so love the flowery cards. That bold blue striping is fab.

Ann said...

Gorgeous! That brushstroke stamp has just jumped into my shopping cart! ;o)