Saturday, July 18, 2015

Florals and stripes

When I was trying out the emboss-resist and iron-off technique, this is the first background I made.  I let it sit for a few days, but came back to my original idea of adding flowers to it.


supplies: Hero Arts Stripes Pattern cling background, embossed in clear on watercolor paper, watercolored with salty ocean distress ink and then ironed off, Altenew Painted Flowers, theBig, the Bold and Friends cutaway, cut from aqua foil cardstock

Hope you have a great weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think the pretty flowers were the perfect choice! Lovely card Lin!

Nancy K said...

The flowers look lovely on the pretty striped background; beautiful card, Lin!

Tenia Nelson said...

So pretty!!

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous Lin. The background is really pretty and the flowers look stunning on it.

Jacqueline said...

Once again, Lin, a gorgeous card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

That stripe background is one of my faves too - just love how you arranged all the colorful flowers on it, Lin!

Pam said...

Gorgeous!

jintyoo7 said...

Very glad you added flowers Lin - beautiful :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, the striped background is beautiful, and I love the color! And, wow, do the flowers look gorgeous against it! Gorgeous card, my friend! Hugs!

Cat Craig said...

wonderful combination, those blooms and stripes