Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Simon Says..... Anything Goes

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to our last challenge of the month at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

It's Anything Goes this week, and the Design Team are using Penny Black products this week.  I made you 2 very different cards.

supplies: Penny Black Collage of Wishes, colored in Spectrum Aqua markers and water on Bristol paper

Penny Black does a nice variety of these collage-type stamps, and this is one of their newer ones.  It has a selection of 4 different sentiments that can be stamped into the banner.  I simply watercolored it and stamped and cut out an extra large rose and a butterfly, and popped them above the main design after my card was assembled.

My next card uses some Penny Black stamps, a die, and some papers:



supplies: Penny Black Indian Wheel background, stamped in Simon's Hydrangea ink, Purple Mountain papers, sentiment from Friendship clear stamp set, and Iris die, green cardstock for it's leaves, purple sequins

I stamped my background for this one, and trimmed out a panel, then inset the iris into it.  The sentiment comes from a set with fun fonts and sayings.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store for one lucky random winner of our challenge!

50dollar_voucher_600px

Simon Says Stamp

Do you use Instagram?  If you do, we'd love you to add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there, too!

17 comments:

Barb said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Lin! Really love the purple and green combo on your second one! ♥

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin :-) both are so beautiful, I don't have a fave, they are equally fabulous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

These are very pretty cards, Lin!

Tricia Coffin said...

Wow, Lin, you've outdone yourself here! I know people say to do, "How did you DO this?!"

Cindy C. said...

Wow both so beautifully done, but I really like the first one!! :)

francesca said...

beautiful projects Lin so pretty and elegant! :)

Heather said...

Both gorgeous cards Lin, a super colour combo with the second - a lovely background and pretty die Iris. The roses are beautiful with a gorgeous frame and fabulous butterfly.
I'm happy my Christmas card has cooled you down - 90 degrees wow - lucky you - we're only 60 now and dressed like winter!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Stephanie said...

Really pretty coloring in the first card, and I love the inlaid die in the second!! Both great!! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Mandy said...

Beautiful cards Lin! They are both so pretty, feminine & elegant
hugs
Mandy xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great cards, Lin! Just love how you inlaid that delicate die and the collage looks amazing with the layers!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cards Lin just gorgeous, I play along every week on Simon Says. I am now a follower and I hope you will come and follow my blog as well, Have a wonderful Blessed week .

God Bless
Hugs
Dottie

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, the first is stunning with the layering and watercoloring. Just beautiful. Your second card is lovely and sweet, that simple type on the sentiment really compliments your design and images.

Gayatri said...

Both cards are lovely, Lin! Love the dimension on the first card.
Hugs!
Gayatri

Lucille K said...

Oh Lin, both of your cards are beautiful. Your flowers are always so pretty :)

debby4000 said...

Oh what beautiful cards but my fave is the first one with the gorgeous butterfly and flowers although the second one is in my favourite colour.
luv
Debby

Ruth G said...

You had me at roses! Seriously gorgeous - I love how you colored the whole thing!!!

The iris card is wonderful, too, and perfect for my mom who loves purple and irises! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

I'll be pinning these for sure!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Beautiful cards Lin! That first one is just stunning!! So pretty!

hugs...