Friday, July 17, 2015

Marika Blue

Just a quick post today........I mentioned earlier that I loved Marika's design so much that I was thinking of making more cards with other colors.  Here's a blue version.


supplies: white, blue, and navy cardstock, Altenew Vintage Roses, Hero Arts blue and green inks, Avery Elle's Laurels (sentiment) and Storybook (small stamped branches), Hero Arts navy pearls

I flipped the sketch 90 degrees this time, and substituted a dark navy for the black.  If you'd like to see my pink version, it's HERE.

14 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful!! Blue is my fave!

Hannelie said...

Another fabulous case of Marika's work. beautiful Lin!

LauraJane:) said...

GORGEOUS in blue and turned on the side:))

AJ Bodine said...

Oh your blue roses are just gorgeous, love the design, you did a beautiful job with it!

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Lin! Sure wish there were more blue flowers in real life! ♥

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful CASE Lin, this is pretty!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful, love it in blue too.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous. I love the design Marika used and your case of it is perfect.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful.
luv
Debby

sableturquoise said...

hummm ! so blue, i love it , jolie carte , bravo !!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful version Lin, the bus shades are lovely :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, this is gorgeous! I love the shade of blue, and wow!! It's so dramatic, and the shading in your roses is stunning! I totally love it...and am enjoying seeing these cards (well, all your cards...hehe!). Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks for your continued inspiration!

Debbie said...

Love it! I used the same layout for the use of all of the Vintage Roses I have made. I couldn't figure out a pleasing design to use with them (and I made a lot!). Now I have several Birthday and Anniversary cards.

Carolina Alvarez said...

Hi Lin, I love the way you combine different tones of blue with colourful images. Very inspiring to me.